Chapter Nineteen - Worried

Colton's arms were still wrapped around my waist when I woke in the morning. I smiled at the feel of his skin on mine. I stirred in his arms, trying to snuggle up closer to his side.

    His arms wrapped tighter around me the more I moved in his arms, as if he wouldn't let me leave, not that I wanted to.

    The night mere I had from that night flooded back to my memory. I had watched not only my mother, but Colton, die.

    I had seen his broken, bloody body just a head of me, but there was no way out of the car. No way to save him. He died at my feet. And my heart had broken instantly.

    A rush of relief spread through me having Colton at my side. He was still alive, I kept telling myself.

    I tilted my head up and kissed his cheek. Then I kissed his forehead. I kissed every inch of his face before I pressed my lips to his.

    I felt him smile against my lips as he pulled me closer. Yup, he really was alive.

    I couldn't stop smiling once we pulled away.

    “That's the best wake up I've ever had,” he said, huskily. His voice still sounded like sleep, sending shivers down my spine.

    “You sure? I thought you would have enjoyed the morning I fell on my ass more,” I joked.

    “That's true, one of your classic klutzy Krissy moments. My favorite,” he laughed, kissing my cheek.

    I pushed on his chest playfully.

    “Klutzy Krissy moment? You have a name for it?” I asked in a mock of fake horror, placing a hand over my heart.

    He nodded.

    “Only for the best, Baby Girl,” he laughed.

    “Mhm,” I mumbled.

    I rolled over to the edge of the bed and pulled myself up off the bed. Before I could actually stand up, Colton's arms wrapped around my waist again and pulled me tight to his chest.

    “And where do you think your going, Missy?” Colton demanded in his deep, sexy morning voice.

    I laughed and tried to wiggle out of his hold.

    “Colton, let me go. I have to get up before someone see's I'm not in my room,” I giggled, trying to tear his arms from me.

    “Mmm, but I'm not done yet,” he groaned, pulling me closer and planting little kisses up my neck.

    “Well too bad, Lover Boy,” I choked out. His lips on my skin we're driving me crazy all over again.

    I heard footsteps coming down that hall and I froze.

    “What is-” Colton started but I quickly cut him off by covering a hand over his mouth.

    “Breakfast!” Daniel's voice called from the bottom of the stairs.

    I didn't know if it was directed to the both of us or not. Did he know Colton was in my room?

    “I'm coming!” I hollard back.

    I removed my hand from Colton's mouth and hopped out of bed before he could grab me again.

    I tugged on a robe over top of my pj's and lazily walked down the hall.

    Breakfast was amazing. Alison had practically made a buffet. There was toast, bacon, sausage, pancakes, eggs and hash browns. I was so hungry, it was hard to not stuff my face.

    Colton was still upstairs, taking a shower before he came down. Daniel sat on across from me, eating as well.

    It was awkward sitting with him. I didn't know what Colton had told him last night so I didn't know what he knew about the two of us. Instead of talking like we would usually do as chatty siblings, we ate in silence.

    “Where's Colton?” Daniel spoke up.

    “In the shower,” I answered.

    “Oh your not going to join him?” he said bitterly.

    I tensed up and my jaw almost dropped.

    “Excuse me?” I demanded, rudely.

    “Oh, don't act so innocent, Krissy. You know I caught you two last night,” he said, annoyed.

    “I had a bad dream, Daniel! He was just comforting me,” I snapped.

    “Comforting you!? Is that what you call making out late at night these days?” he growled.

    I sat there shocked. I thought Colton had talked with him. I thought he'd said everything was fine.

    I looked down at my plate and moved around the egg on my plate with my fork, not making an attempt to eat anything.

    “What did you and Colton talk about last night?” I mumbled, not looking up from my plate.

    “He told me everything,” Daniel admitted.

    “Everything?” I asked a little shocked.

    “Yes, Krissy. Everything.”

    “Then why haven't you told dad on me?”

    “You think I want to be the one to tell him? Look, I guess I'm not mad at you, I'm just scared for you.”

    “Your scared for me?”

    “Yeah, I mean what do you think would happen if dad knew? I'm not going to say anything but I'm telling you to be careful.”

    I nodded at my brother's advice.

    It was sort of a relief to not have him upset with me. He was more concerned for me than anything. I mean, he's right. What would happen if my dad found out? I had no positive thoughts about it.

    “Hey, guys. What's for breakfast?” Colton's voice asked from behind me.

    Colton took a seat next to me Daniel looked between the two of us awkwardly. Colton looked confused at me.

    “What I miss?” he asked.

    Daniel looked at each other, both worrying over the same thing.

    What if Colton and I were caught?

A/N: First, I know this is an extremly short chapter but I felt it needed to be written as part of the story just a a reminder, anyway I will be uploading a longer chapter hopefuly by the end of today, so not to worry.

Second, what do you think of the new cover? Please comment of what you think. Yay or nay? Feedback please!

    XOXO, Jayla!