Chapter Twelve - "Don't Worry"

My mind was set into panic mode. Was Colton mad at me? He just came out of his room in a long time and I had missed him, he couldn't shut me out now.

   A million things were running through the my mind at that point and not one thought was positive as I climbed the stairs.

   I was walking slowly behind Colton as he strutted up the stairs. He reached the top before I did and waited at his door for me to hurry up.

   "I want to be alive for this conversation, Krissy. So hurry up," he spoke in an irritated voice.

   I had never heard him angry like this. Not with me. He was giving me a harsh look from down the hall that made my stomach knot.

   I fastened my pace until I was beside him. He pressed his hand against the small of my back and gently shoved my forward into his room, shutting the door behind him.

   I didn't say a word, I just stared at him as he stared right back at me.

   "What are you doing?" he asked harshly.

   I shuttered at his tone.

   "What do you mean?" I said so quietly, I doubt he could barley hear my voice.

   "Talking with my mom about me behind my back! You had no right to go snooping around my past through her!" he growled.

   I cringed and stepped back.

   "I-I'm sorry Colton," I stuttered.

   He didn't speak but continued to glare at me.

   "I knew you weren't going to tell me anything and I wanted to to know what was going on. You pushed me away and I needed to know what to say to fix things," I said more confidently.

   "You weren't trying to fix things, Krissy. You were trying to fix me! And that's exactly the point. I don't need you fix me or anything else!" he yelled.

   I was shocked at his outburst. He didn't want my help?

   He shook his head at me then stumbled over to his bed. He slouched on it with his head in hie head. He ran his fingers through his hair.

   I walked over to him and sat down beside him. It pained me to see him like this. I rubbed his back softly.

   "Is it terrible that I know?" I asked softly.

   "Of course not. I just don't want you to be involved in my problems," he sighed, not looking at me.

   "Hey, look at me," I demanded, running my fingers through his hair as he slowly looked up at me.

   I locked my eyes to his.

   "I'm more than involved with you. So all your problems are already mine," I said.

   His eyes were cold and sad on mine. I could see all over his face that allowing to bring me into everything wasn't going to be easy for him.

   "Kri-" he stopped when I placed my index fingers to his lips.

   "Don't tell me no 'cause I'm not taking that for an answer," I said.

   And with that, I even surprised myself when I crashed my lips to his. Where had all that confidence come from?

   I could tell Colton was a little shocked at first but he quickly responded. With his lips locked on mine, he caressed the back of my head, pulling me closer to deepen the kiss.

   Just like before, his lips were soft on mine. Sweet. It wasn't until I noticed what he'd tasted like.

   "Have you been drinking?" I asked as I pulled away in shock.