twenty two

^ song of the chapter! but see also: new years day by taylor swift for the end of the chapter (ngl im kinda becoming a bazzi stan and i feel like a lot of his songs are VERY d+m)

*psa: this has ...... kind of smut. they dont have sex but he does look for his car keys inside her vagina if u know what im sayin!! but it doesnt really describe it. idk. idk what to label it. dont bully me. thanks !

*a note to my IRL friend tasfia....... if uve gotten this far, i seriously will venmo u 5 dollars to skip this chapter. Please do not read it. I literally will die if u read this. Please consider skipping or if u read it never bringing it up to me again

"David," I said, hands still shaking but resting in his hair. The deafening cheering of the crowd was mute to me, white noise playing in the background of our story. "Are you drunk?"

It was the only thing I needed to know. I would've done anything to please him in that moment, but not if he was drunk. If there was even a chance he'd regret anything in the morning, I would quietly go into my room and retire for the night. I wanted to be sure.

"Sober enough to know what I'm doing," he tried to move in for another kiss, but I pulled away. I didn't like his answer. I didn't want him sober enough; I wanted him to fully comprehend what he was doing. "Mona, if I was sober, this wouldn't be happening right now. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm a fucking pussy and you scare me."

"Okay," I swallowed thickly and nodded to myself. That was what I needed to hear.

"Okay?" David confirmed, his palm still pressed ever so gently against my cheek.

"Okay," I repeated with a slight nod. He smiled and leaned back in. This time I allowed it to happen, his lips gently but firmly pressing against mine. I was scared, shaking, but his thumb ever so carefully rubbing over the top of my cheekbone calmed me down tremendously.

"Can we go inside?" he barely pulled away, his lips still brushing against mine as he spoke. "It's freezing out here."

"Okay."

It was all I could say. David intertwined our fingers and made his way into the hotel room, me following closely behind him. He quickly slid the balcony door shut, and then made his way to his bedroom. It was pretty quiet in there, save for the faint sound of Food Network playing on his TV. He awkwardly gestured towards the bed and said, "Do you want to sit here, or do you want to sit on the couch?"

"Here's fine," I shrugged, climbing onto the bed, careful not to flash in my too short dress. I turned over so I was on my back and stared at him, waiting for him to make a move. "You know, for the hottest guy in school, you're pretty fucking awkward."

"You're just too pretty for me to not stare at," he replied. It was probably a cop out, just something to make him look a little less clumsy and awkward, but it still brought an unwavering blush to the apples of my cheeks. I suddenly felt shy, wrapping my arms around my midsection in an attempt to hide myself. David wasn't having any of that. He climbed up on the bed, then on top of me, untangled my arms from my midriff and placing them by my side. "I'm serious, Mona. You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my entire life."

"Stop," I giggled, covering my hot cheeks and my big smile with my hands. He shushed me, pulling my hands away once again and placing a feather-light kiss to my cheek. He slowly moved inward, towards my lips, where he settled for a minute. If he knew it was my first time really kissing someone, he didn't say anything, something I was so grateful for. He was just asshole-ish enough to bring up my sloppy and confused kissing if he really wanted to.