Chapter 28:Cake&Phoncalls

I don’t know how long I’ve been here but my arms and legs feel like lead. I stopped to take a breather and checked the time. Shit! It’s 6am, Ive been here for over five hours. I guess I should make it back to the hotel.

“Agent K” a deep masculine voice startled me from my thoughts.

“Who wants to know?” I’m really not in a mood for Star Agencies’ games right now.

The deep voice chuckled. “They told me you were a handful.” The man stepped forward.

He had the most intense green eyes I had ever seen. They were a deep forest green and looked almost.. supernatural. He was about in his late fifties with gray specks littering his chestnut hair. He had a good muscular build for his age and wore a loose tank top with black shorts that reached just before his knees.

Have you ever met someone that you don’t know but you feel like you remember them from somewhere? It’s like you’ve seen their face somewhere maybe in a dream or flashback but you… just don’t know. This man carried a nostalgic aura to him. I began to feel annoyed and confused… where’s he from?

“Who are you?” His observant gaze made me feel slightly intimidated.

“You don’t remember?” His voice cracked slightly… just slightly.

“No.” I felt his disappointment mix with mine in the suddenly tense air.

“Of course. She probably did something….” He looked at the wall behind me in realisation.

“Uh I’m sorry I don’t know you but maybe you’ve got the wrong girl….”

“No.” He shook his head. “Anyways I came to tell you something and you need to listen carefully.”

“Trouble is ahead my dear. You need to decide who you can trust and who you can’t. Sometimes the most trustworthy are the least.”

I felt like one of those heroes in a movie when someone gives them a confusing as fuck prophecy or some shitty wise words.

“I’m asking you again. Who are you?”

“You’ll find out soon enough…” and with that he picked up his sports bag and left the gym. I didn’t have time to stand their stunned, I followed him.

But when I walked out, he got lost in the morning crowd. I probably went unnoticed by the crowd of people rushing and bumping into me as they made their way to work. That man-whoever he is-is gone. For now at least.

I began walking back to the hotel, ignoring the looks from passers. When I made it back to the hotel I let out a deep breathe. My walk back to the room felt long and longing for a shower grew more.

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!” Liam’s voice boomed at my face just as I opened the door.