Chapter 14: The first attack?

Alex's POV:

"Hold my hand" Harry said to me

"What? NO!" I hissed as we were nearing the exit of the hospital.

"There's paparazzi outside and it would be bad if they saw my 'girlfriend' snuggling up with Liam now would it?" I didn't appreciate his tone but took his hand anyway. It sucked that I had to put on this act when I was hungry and tired. I didn't even bother biting back about his comment with Liam.

"Harry! Harry! Over here!" A man called out.

"Harry is it true that Alex is pregnant?"

"Why are you at the hospital?"

"Zayn is it true that you and Perrie are engaged?"

All these questions both disgusted and creeped me out. I couldn't understand why they couldn't have a private life as well as a successful career? I guess I'll never understand...

By the time we got back to the hotel I was famished. I scavenged the fridge for some food and found a box of oreos and poured myself a glass of milk.

"Hey those are mine!" Liam pouted and tried to take the box away.

"Well I'm hungry" I shrugged biting into an Oreo.

"Whatever." he grumbled.

"We can do something? I mean I've got work to do but that's for later..." I trailed off.

"Yeah we too. I don't think you'd want to come to sound check right?" Liam asked.

"Yeah you're probably right but I think I should come. I mean I could do some investigating there too" I said not wanting to give too much information. They may be my friends but I still am an agent and that comes first.

Knock knock knock

"Room service." a muffled voice rang through the door. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Did you get room service?" I asked Liam. He shook his head.

"Maybe it's just cleaning" I shrugged trying to calm the alarm bells that were clearly going off.

"Hello" I opened a door to reveal a short plump woman with a utilities cart. She had short, curly bushy hair in a tight bun resting on her head and a little maid outfit.

"Hello. I clean room" She smiled and walked straight in starting to wash up some dishes. She had a slight accent and I'm guessing her english wasn't great yet.

I could see by her jittery actions that she was.... nervous? Her big blue-green eyes went wide as saucers when she saw Liam. She's probably just a fan or maybe has daughters that were fans.

"Hello" Liam smile and waved. The woman simply blushed and carried on.

The woman stalked off into the bedrooms and I saw her directing to my room first.

"Oh no don't worry, I've cleaned my room" I tried to subtly redirect her from my room because I hadn't put all my 'toys' away. It's funny how I'm still a reckless teenager with responsibilities of a reliable adult. She nodded and went next door for Liam's room or whoever.

"You were shooting daggers at the poor lady! I don't know if you've realised that you can be hella scary" Liam face in a playful smirk.

"Right whatever. Hella isnt even a word!"

I felt the air shift slightly. My 'agent' alarms were tingling and the sirens were numbing my ears.

It was quiet.