Chapter 10: Friends?

Alex's POV

So this is what it's like to have your breath taken away.

I pulled away when I heard barbaric animal noises coming from the other. I looked at Harry and he smirked at me.

I've read in books that after the 'big kiss' she falls madly in love with him. Not me. I just had my first kiss stolen from me by a player. And that just makes me want to punch him- again. I moved away from his intense gaze and excused myself to go to the bathroom.

I was angry. I wasn't going to cry or feel hurt over this. I won't I won't I won't! I slammed the door of the bathroom and gripped my hair in frustration. Angry tears pooled in my eyes but I refused to let them spill. I filled the basin with freezing cold water and dipped my fists in, opening and closing them. This is a quick routine I learned from Pattie to release my anger and calm me down. I did this for a while before I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I didn't trust myself with my voice so I whispered.

"Alex you okay in there? You've been in there for 20 minutes." I heard Liam's voice. It was surprisingly calming.

"Oh okay I'm coming now" I said.

Everything went silent but I could tell Liam hadn't left yet.

"You can talk to me you know" his voice muffled through the bathroom door.

"I am fucking fine Liam! Get off my back!" I yelled startling him and myself.

I heard his footsteps travel away before I mentally slapped myself. How could I be so mean? Liam was only looking out for me.

At least he cares you bitch my subconscious added. Oh my who asked for her opinion? I sighed heavily and walked out the bathroom.

It was quiet , too quiet.

"Where is everyone?" I asked myself

"It was getting late so they left. I stayed behind to make sure that you're okay" A voice startled me from behind.

"Oh." I put on a fake smile. "Oh don't worry I'm fine" I waved my hand at Liam.

"You can trust me you know?" No I can't. I most definitely can't trust anyone.

"Liam nothing is wrong." I insisted.

Lie. Everything is wrong. Wow exaggeration much? I'm angry and sad and frustrated and it's bursting at the seams to be let out. It's not that I won't trust anyone... I can't. Inside my head I have completely given up on the whole concept of trusting because in the end it's always going to get broken. Saint or sinner.

"That was your first kiss wasn't it?" He looked at me directly in the eye. I throat hitched.

"How did you-" he cut me off.

"You were kinda sloppy and you looked like a deer in headlights when Niall dared you to kiss Harry." He said simply.

I couldn't trust my voice again. I gave him a small nod and darted my eyes to the floor. He stepped closer and I stepped back. Where was he going with this? Second of all, Why does he even care? I've been nothing but bitter and closed off to him. He stepped closer to me again, this time I didn't move. He spread his arms and pulled me in for a strong yet gentle hug. I sighed in his chest. The tears building up again.

"I'm sorry" Liam whispered and I chuckled emotionlessly.

"Why are you sorry?" I looked up at him confused

"Well every girls first kissed is dreamt to be magical with the perfect guy" he smiled shyly. I laughed at his way in depth philosophy.

"What! I watch a lot of chick flicks with Niall okay? It was all they had on the plane!" He defended himself which only made him cuter.

"Aww it's okay" I laughed feeling a bit better. "Hey it's just a kiss I mean it's not like it means anything right?"

"No! Your first kiss is meant to be memorable and sweet and .... Perfect" he gushed and I began to question well everything about Liam.

"Okay stop now." I laughed. "No more chick flicks for you! And really it means nothing to me, If anything it gave me a wakeup call to how unprofessional I've been here and how much I shouldn't care how much Harry-"

He cut me off my crashing his lips onto mine. I pulled away immediately. It didn't feel right. I mean... two boys in one night! That's just not me...

When I pulled away and wiped my lips with the back of my hand his brown eyes met mine.

"Alex I'm sorry... You're just such a great girl and I didn't want to see you upset like this..." Liam mumbled. His faced flushed red.

A wave of understanding came over me...he cared.

In my head I should probably be mad at him but really I just feel good that someone gives a damn. My head is a spinning tornado of emotions swirling around , each emotion trying to dominate the other in the moment.

"It's okay" I whispered.

It's weird how a kiss should seal a relationship. Somehow it sealed my friendship with Liam. I know with every action come a set of undeniable consequences... But right now I don't care.

"Friends?" Liam looked at me hopefully.

It reminded me when I was 5 playing on a swing when I clumsily fell off. I cried out because I grazed my knee but then a hand pulled me up. A boy named Jason with bleach blonde hair and sea blue eyes looked at me. I smiled and took his hand. He asked me the same question Liam asked me. And I said.

"Friends" I confirmed with a small nod and sly smile.