Chapter 6: He deserved it?

Alex's POV

I only managed to throw a couple of punches to his face before a pair of strong arms pulled me away by the waist.

“Liam let me fucking go!” I screamed.

I only realised then that I was crying. I’m so pathetic and sensitive to my past all because of her. I hate her! I hate Harry! I hate my life!

“What do we do?” Niall asked. His face actually concerned.

“I’m calling Dr Harris to come over. We can’t leave the building with Harry looking like this. The paps will go crazy” Louis said as he dialled a number on his phone.

I looked at Harry who clutched his nose which was probably broken in his hands. He had faint bruises that was most likely to be purple in the morning. His eyes were closed and he groaned profanities under his breath.

“What the fuck was that for?” He growled

“You should know you prick” I hissed.

“Okay stop talking both of you. Liam take her to her room.” Louis commanded.

“I can walk you know” I said angrily as Liam still had me in his grasp. I honestly made no effort to fight against him because I felt drained.

Drained that my past is still haunting me like an open wound. Drained that I never lived an average teen life. Drained of feeling alone all the time. Drained from Harry- despite the small time I’ve known him.

“Alex? Hello Alex?” Liam said

“What?” I groaned and plopped face first onto my bed.

“Who’s Stella?” Liam said almost cautiously.

My head shot up. I hadn’t heard or mention that name in years. That name brought so many emotions for me- Anger mostly.

“Where did you hear that name?” my voice empty.

“While you were doing a number on Harry you screamed her name at him. So I was wondering who Stella is?” He said

“You don’t need to know” I said coldly.

Shutting people out was my talent.

“You can trust me you know” he said softly and put his hand on my stiff shoulder.

“I don’t trust people.” I said harshly.

“Well I’ve never given you a reason not to trust me” he said taking a deep breath.

“You’ve never given me a reason to trust you” I sighed. Maybe a friend won’t be so bad? I mean it would make life a bit bearable in this case.

“I-I’m not ready to open up… and I have trust issues.” I whispered quietly. I hated feeling this vulnerable. That’s just why I solve everything with a punch instead of running away and crying like a brittle teenage pansy. That and I have a temper that can override my common sense and rationality.

“Okay then, but I’m here if you need to talk or need a friend” Liam said.

“Thanks.” And then it dawned on me.

I’m in such deep shit.

“Fuck fuck fuck” I hissed and tugged at my hair in frustration as I paced back and forth.

“Alex?” he said cautiously.

“I’m in such shit with my boss. Oh my god! This was my biggest case and Pattie will be so disappointed in me! Everything that I’ve built in my career gone just because I lost my cool with Harry! Gaaahh Damn!” I ranted

“Okay first of all calm down. And beside Harry deserved it.  He should have more respect for him you know- protecting him and all. And us” Liam calmed me down just a bit.

“I’m just dreading the call I am bound to get from her any second now.” I said and just then the phone rang.

Ring Ring Ring

“hello?” I shakily said.

“Agent K. Meeting with management. Tomorrow at noon. Be there and don’t you dare be late.” Pattie said in a low tone.

“Pattie I-“ I began but she cut me off.

“No Agent K! Not another word” and with that she hung up.

She is pissed.

.

.

“He’ll be okay just keep putting pressure on your nose and take it easy okay?” That stupid doctor said. Harry just groaned in response.

Serves him right.

And don’t think for a second that this is probably going to be one of those cliché stories where they start off hating each other and end off loving each other.

Hell no.

Even so, I would have to leave before we even share one civil conversation. That’s just why I am a professional at shutting people because in the end I will end up leaving or they would end up leaving me.

Everybody leaves.

“You okay lad?” Niall cooed.

“Oh my fucking god it was a deserved punch to the face and you guys are acting like I murdered his family.” I defended.

“Man up Harry seriously it was just a punch to the face. Get. Over. It.” I continued. I guess right now I was being a bi- Regina George but I really cant help it. He has this way of getting under my skin.

“Just shut up and leave me alone” he grumbled and slammed his bedroom door.

“Yeah I’m calling it a night now gotta get some work done too. Night” I said quickly and closed my bedroom door.  I guess I should try get some work down.

I picked up Harry’s cellphone and looked through the messages he was getting from this ‘fangirl’ chick.

Harry I love you so much. If I can’t have you NO one will- Fangirl xx

I love that black shirt on you it really shows off your tats!- Fangirl

Forget about Kendall Jenner and Love me!!-  Fangirl

HARRY FUCKING STYLES WILL BE MINE! –Fangirl

HARRY WILL DIE- Fangirl

Wow okay that’s a little hectic… Some were just plain disgusting as in this person would edit pictures of Harry naked and other really gross things. But some of these threats were simply scary. How would you react to some psychopath threatening to kill you and telling you they can see  you when you can’t see them?  

I don’t know what drove me to do this but I looked through his tweets and the hate he gets is…. Heart breaking.  They’re hating on him for the most ridiculous reasons. I cant help bit wonder if all the fame is worth all of this… hate.

It’s not like I care or anything-I don’t. But no one deserves that. I wonder how he deals with it? I wonder how the rest of the boys deal with it?

I stopped myself from snooping and did my stuff and set his phone on my desk so I could give it to him tomorrow. I have no idea how I’m going to handle this tomorrow.

I closed my eyes and let sleep slowly but surely take me away into a dreamless slumber.