Chapter 20: Queen of sass

Alex's POV

Words can’t describe how I feel, in Liam’s arms. I finally feel like someone gives a damn about me.

“Have you seen Sophie since?” He asked. His question sent a deep sting to my heart but I still answered.

“No. I’m too much of a coward to see what I left. I think every day what happened to her and how she is today.”

“Have you atleast tried to find her?”

“I did but I chickened out on the final step. I’m cruel. So so cruel leaving her like that even though I knew the circumstances.”

“We should go to sleep now, we leave for America tomorrow in the morning.” I’m glad Liam dropped it.

That night, for the first time in years, I fell asleep content in the arms of another.

.

.

.

“Wake up sleepy heads!” Niall yelled.

“Woah what’s happening here?” Louis said accusingly.

Okay so I position was very compromising and could be easily misread. Our legs were tangled and my head lay on his chest with his strong arms around my torso.

“Wha-?” I groaned. My eyes felt puffy and dry but I played it off as me being sleepy.

“Come on! We leave in an hour!” Louis eyed me as I untangled myself from Liam’s grip.

“Wake up Lilo!” I shouted in his ear waking him up.

“Lilo?” he laughed.

“It’s a nickname.” I shrugged. “Besides I love Lilo and Stitch, it was my favourite as a kid.” I smiled but cringed at the small light in my dark past.

“Well then I would gladly be Lilo.” He smiled.

“I’m going to shower, get ready we leave in an hour.”

I walked to my suitcase and grabbed a pair of underwear, ripped blue boy jeans and a black rolling stones crop top. I’m a fan of the rolling stones and I love these band t-shirts Pablo gave me but I’m not a fan of all these heels.

As I walked to the bathroom I heard a voice behind me.

“So you and Liam now?” Harry’s voice laced with… anger?

“No were just friends.” I have no idea why I feel the need to explain myself to him. If he asked me this a couple weeks ago I would have flipped him the bird and told him to fuck off and mind his own business.

“Oh yeah friends that spend the night together. ”He scoffed. I’m sorry was it harry that said we got off the wrong foot? What the fuck is up with this guy?

“Oh fuck you and just go-“

“Oh I wouldn’t don’t worry, I have others do that for me.” He winked. He scanned my face for some kind of reaction. What was he expecting? Tears? Jealousy? I couldn’t care less about him and besides the only reaction he gets from me is anger and a punch or two.

“Good.” I smiled a dangerous sarcastic smile.

“Good?” he questioned

I’m so over this. I ignored him and walked into the shower, slamming the door in a childlike manner. I turned the water on full blast hoping the hot water would ease my nerves.

“Fuck!” I cursed like a sailor when the cold water hit me harder than a bitch slap. What’s with the sassiness this morning? God the things Harry Styles does to me. Nevermind him pissing me off within a sentence or two  but the boys finished the hot water in this cheap motel, hotel whatever.