Chapter 1: The mission

edited

"Agent K. Agent K!" Pattie yelled through my apartment.

"What now? I'm on break Pattie and not to mention it's like eight on a Saturday?" I groaned and stuffed my head on my pillow.

"I'm sorry Agent K but break has been shortened. I need you here now." Pattie said sternly then hung up.

Well this is lovely. Note the sarcasm. I kick ass for this secret agency and I can't have a week off? I got out of bed slowly but surely and got ready for my action-filled-yet-typically-boring life.

.

.

.

"Yes Pattie?" I said as I walked into her office.

You could say I was living an action movie because I'm a secret Agent that goes undercover and does missions and all that.

"Agent K" She said slowly and I became nervous not knowing where she was going with this. "Have you heard of One Direction before?" She smirked at me as I gawked.

"One Direction as in the preppy boy band from X-factor?" I laughed. "Where are you going with this?" I asked.

"Well you are one of my most trusted and professional agents here and I am going to be handing this assignment to you" She smiled. I felt honoured that she would but a boy band really?

"Harry Edward Styles" she said and displayed a picture of him on the big computer screen. "Has been receiving threatening emails and everything of that sort. We have our suspects of course and you will be protector for the time being" she said as she handed me Harry's file.

"How do you not know that it's not some crazy fangirl?" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me Agent K" Pattie scolded playfully.

"Pattie I've told you before please call me Kayla when we're not in public" I said.

Ever since I was 13 Pattie was a mother figure to me. Me being my hormonal sarcastic self, I repelled the usual teens. But I was okay with that because I never was the social one. So as a result Pattie took the role as my mom, best friend and boss.

I opened Harry's file and rolled my eyes at his reputation with the 'ladies'.

"Wait why is there a list of things he's allergic to and favourite things to do?" I asked getting slightly annoyed by the minute.

"You'll be playing his girlfriend of course" Pattie said calmly.

"What! Fuck no sorry! Get Bridget to do it. I'm pretty sure she'll do more than play his girlfriend!" I shouted. There is no way I am playing to be someone's girlfriend. It's just wrong in so many ways.

"Agent K please. You're the only one I trust enough with this case and how do you think that will play out?" she asked with begging eyes.

"What?"

"If a girl comes out of nowhere. So we're going to cut out the drama and just say you've been dating maybe you two would end up being friends?"

Maybe even mortal enemies....

"Okay whatever when does this gig start?" I asked

"Right" she looked at her watch that wasn't there "about" she smiled at me "Now"

"Now? As in what?" I asked

"Your flight leaves to America in a couple hours so stop gawking and start packing!" she hollered and chased me unprofessionally out the room.

Great. I have to stick to being professional. No time for games and tricks. Do your job and leave.

At Star Agencies there was one rule that every spy, employee even secretary had to follow , Don't get attached to the mission.

Welcome to Agent! Thanks for reading and feel free to drop a comment and vote ;)