Chapter 5: Give me your damn phone

Kayla's POV:

"Truth or dare seriously? What are you like five?" Liam said to Niall.

He just shrugged.

"Well what are the rules? I've never played before..." I mumbled as Niall choked on his food and stared at me in disbelief.

"What? How on bloody hell!? You're probably the only eighteen year old girl who hasn't played truth or dare" He said seriously

"Wow okay whatever. Mind me for kicking ass and going on missions and having to grow up way before my time!" I yelled sarcastically. I hope he didn't catch the last part about growing up because I really don't want him asking questions about my past. It's not like he's going to get answers anyway.

"Okay chill!" he waved his hands around dramatically.

"Zayn texted me. Him and Harry are on their way up" Liam said.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes and went into my bedroom.

My phone rang and I groaned knowing exactly who it is.

"Hello?" I said

"Kayla hello. How is the case going?" Pattie asked me.

"Fine just getting started." I sighed.

"Everything alright there with the uh boys?" she put on her motherly voice.

"Nope everything is fine. They just know how to push my buttons that's all" I laughed.

I heard the door close and new voices. Zayn and Harry must be here.

"Pattie I have to go talk soon!" I said and quickly hung up.

I don't know why but I had a feeling the boys were talking about me so once again I eavesdropped on them.

"She's a teen agent? Is that even a thing?" Niall said.

"I have no idea. And I have to date her to uhm whatever I don't care. I don't want to date her! And she had this outburst at me during management and I have to admit... she looked pretty hot angry." Harry said.

"You're whipped!" Zayn teased.

I decided I had heard enough of this. I was here to do a job.

"Harry I need your phone" I said not bothering with stupid polite greetings.

"Woah slow down there. Take me to dinner first" he smirked at his stupid joke.

"I would but there's a crazy fangirl threatening you and I'm not here to flirt so give me it now so I can do my thing which by the way is protecting you" I said. That was such a horrible comeback.

"No" he said simply sitting on the couch.

"What?" My temper is boiling threatening to surface like an overfilled glass of water.

"My phone is personal" he said eating from a bag of chips.

That's fucking it.

"You know what? I'm here to do a job. Don't fucking worry I wont look through those nudes of the girls that are practically throwing themselves at you. It's disgusting!" I shouted. I've been told before that I can be pretty scary and intimidating while I'm angry.

"Can you chill?" he said. His calmness was only fueling my anger.

"You know what! Fuck give me the damn phone before I bash your face in. Let's not forget that I am a professional at mixed martial arts and I have a handy fist" I snarled. They really can get under of my skin.

"Whatever" He growled and threw the phone at me. If I wasn't so dedicated to my work right now I would have smashed his face in. and I made a promise to Pattie.

That's just another thing about me. My whole life before Pattie was based on promises that were made and weren't kept. Eventually I gave up on the whole concept of promises and didn't believe in them. But when I make promises I stick to them like my life depended on them. I never make promises I can't keep. Contradictions.

I smiled to myself at my little victory. I still didn't know why Harry hated me. I guess I was giving him mixed messages about my personality. The shy girl who twiddled with her thumbs to a sassy girl.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard Harry mumble something.

"Bitch"

That name caused so many different emotions for me.

Sadness and hurt because it's what she used to call me. Then anger, frustration and confusion and at all at once anger overrides them all. Sitting on the throne of my emotions and it watched my body lose control.

I turned around condescendily slowly.

"Excuse me?" I growled.

"What sorry?" Harry said innocently as if he never said anything.

"You know what you said speak up" I hissed.

If looks could kill he would be long dead now. Anger was radiating off me and I'm pretty sure the rest of the boys could feel it too except for that stupid Harry. This was a lion and sheep. The sheep thought it was the strong mighty lion. The lion was merely in disguise. I am the lion and Harry... that stupid Harry is the sheep.

"Mate I better no-" Louis tried to interrupt before Harry said it again.

"Bitch. I called you a bi-" he didn't even get to finish his sentence before my fist collided with his face.

I didn't stop. I couldn't.