Chapter 24: Admitting it.

Alex’s POV

“What do you mean?” He paled. I could see he didn’t want this to be true as much as me.

“I mean exactly what I say!” I snapped earning a startled glare from an elderly woman next to me.

“We just have to remain calm okay? Just sit and act oblivious but keep a watchful eye. Harry don’t worry. I’m getting help.” I reassured him. He simply nodded and sat down on the ferry seat.

I warily sat down next to him and eyed the group of people on the ferry. I was now on full alert and I didn’t have time to call Pattie and back up. I need to prove them and her that I can do this on my own. Ten minutes had slowly crawled by before the ferry had stopped. Harry looked at me, confused about the same thing. My phone vibrated.

Eh maybe next time hey? You should have seen the look on your face! Well you didn’t, but I did.

Fangirlxx

Once again the message was addressed to Harry but sent to me. This person was messing with my head and Harry’s. Slowly driving us off a cliff to a point where we hold onto a frayed rope, desparate.

“Please stay together at all times through the tour!” Tracy smiled a thousand toothed smile.

“Do you remember what that fan looked like? The one that you signed the shirt.” I whispered to him as we walked in the back of the group.

“No. I didn’t pay attention. I’m sorry I’ve just made this so much harder for you. I’m sorry.” His voice was desperate and cracked in the end.

“Don’t sweat it. I mean it would have been easier but there has to be a reason for everything right?” I tried to play positive but it came out in a grave tone.

“You don’t sugar-coat anything do you?” He chuckled and gently squeezed our entwined hands.

“Nope. Doc told me to watch my sugar levels.” I teased. His laugh was quite something to hear. It was deep and masculine but in the swerve of those melodies you hear a child, a boy

“No but seriously. It’s not fair on you or anyone really, to try make things seem better than they really are. You see then you will take the situation lightly and brush off the red flags. So I tell you and you decide. Fear is an option but danger? Danger is very real.” I got lost in my head for a moment, pouring out my philosophies.

“Wow. I’ve never really thought of it that way. It’s pretty cool to have such depth.” He looked at me genuinely-well I think- interested.

“I promise I won’t go all Taylor Swift on you.” I winked and laughed too loudly at my pretty good joke.

“Ha! Not funny.” He pouted but I could see him holding in a smile. His eyes were so bright. It reminded me of Anne when I met her last time.

Anne.

I still remember her covered up face. I need to speak to Harry about that… But maybe I should get more evidence first. It could be nothing. I cant imagine anyone laying a finger on the sweet Anne.

“Hey what’s going on in that pretty head of yours?” Harry finally smiled. Butterflies roared through me at his little compliment that he probably didn’t even recognise.

I may be a black belt and a master of disguise but with love, I turn into a blushing teenager with uncontrollable feelings.

“Oh uh nothing.” I hoped he couldn’t see the blush creep onto my cheeks. “Pretty?”

Where the bloody hell did that come from?

“It’s a phrase.” He shrugged.

I was engrossed in conversation with Harry that I didn’t even realise we had reached the top of the statue. It was beautiful. I wasn’t intimidated by the height, but admired the rigid buildings contrasting against the blue sky. The water below rocked back and forth in a soothing way. My nerves calmed and I momentarily forgot where I was, who I was.

I wasn’t a normal girl that just happened to be in a ‘relationship’ with Harry Styles. I was a broken girl barely picking up the pieces on my own. I was an agent, sent here by my agency to protect, save and then eventually; leave.

It was that nagging voice in the back of my head telling me that I would eventually leave and never come back. Usually I would do what I have to do, no socialising only business. But that’s just it. This isn’t one of the ‘usual’ cases. I have five guys close to my age who actually want to get to know me, not as their agent but at Alex- or Kayla or whoever. But I find myself actually liking that. And I’ve decided that I will not shut them out anymore. But that doesn’t mean I am going to become a total sob story and tell them every detail about me and my past. What’s more important is my future… and I see them in it.

Do you know what this means? My subconious asked me with her eyebrow raised. We both knew the answer but I was too much of a coward to admit it.

This decision was not made by me. This was made by my heart and the actions of others. I think I knew from the beginning that this wouldn’t be an ordinary case.

Ahem, I need to hear you say it. My subconscious condescendingly said. If I cant even admit it to myself, how can I admit it to anyone else?

I have found myself attached to this case. But I myself don’t know what or who.

And I have made everything much, much more difficult.

This was written long ago but I didn't have any WiFi. omg thank you so much for 3.4K reads!! its not a lot to some people but it means a lot to me.

There will be a double update today... it's written and will be up later today!

Leahxx