Chapter 7: Don't sneak up on me!

Kayla’s POV:

I woke up a bundle of nerves.

“Morning” I grumbled as I opened the stacked fridge.

“Hi” Zayn replied coldly.

“What’s up with you?” I said just as coldly.

“Wow maybe the fact that you totally beat the shit out of my best mate?” He said sarcastically

“It was well deserved and it was just a punch. Chill out dude” I said quickly and ignored his intense stare burning two holes in my back.

My phone rang again and it was Pattie. Lovely.

“Hello?” I said

“Change of plans. To keep things… civil in this management meeting you will be meeting at the Troy restaurant.  And dress fancy it’s one of those business restaurants. I assume Pablo gave you proper attire for events like these yes?” Pattie said through the speaker. The part that stressed me out was that she was back to her usual tone with me. She wasn’t mad or angry. Silent yet angry Pattie is always the worst.

“Uh yeah so at noon?” I said

“Yes and Harry too must come of course. And don’t forget you have to act like a couple. Not only will this be a meeting it will also be your first time out as a couple. See you then Agent K.” Pattie hung up.

Could the timing be any worse? I mean Harry and I hate each other now and we have to act like a fucking couple? You’ve got to be shitting me now.

“ALEEEEEEEEX!” Niall’s voice boomed startling me therefore kicking my agent senses in.

My fist collided with his stomach and as he hunched over in pain I flipped him over. My knee was on his back and arm around his neck.

“Owwwwww! What the bloody hell?” Niall shrieked.

“Sorry Niall” I said slowly getting off him. “You should know not to sneak up on me. I’m really sorry” I said quickly.

“Uh nah it’s cool. Should’ve known” he plopped himself on the couch.

“Alex likes hurting people” Zayn said sarcastically.

“You know I liked it when you didn’t talk” I snarled. He just rolled his eyes at me and walked off to wherever.

“So what are you doing today?” Niall asked eating my cereal. Right now I didn’t care because my job was at stake here.

“Oh that reminds me I have to wake Harry. We have a management meeting and it’s- Fuck! It’s 11 am!!!” I shot off the couch and ran to open Harry’s room door.

The room smelled like men’s cologne – an honestly really attractive smell. Harry lay there sprawled across his bead. I noticed his left eye was slightly purple and his nose looked like a nasty blue and purple. It looked as if someone splashed colourful paint on his face. I almost- almost felt bad for the bastard.

“Harry wake up. We have a meeting in an hour and we’re going to be late! Pattie will have my head!” I yelled startling the sleeping boy.

“What the bloody fuck? Can you just leave me alone?!” he groaned with his raspy morning voice.

“Nope get up! Seriously Harry! Hello? Did you not remember the management meeting??” I shrieked with my hands flying everywhere.

“Oh shit yeah” he quickly got up from the bed and winced as he touched his face.

“You can leave now” he said coldly. Wow okay I guess I deserve that.

“Yeah and dress fancy” I said and left the room.