Chapter 18:Chat with fangirl

Alex's POV

"Hello Harry babe.."

"Who are you and what do you want with me?" He was nervous. I could tell by the deep frown on his face and he was picking at the small fray on his jeans. Well I was slightly nervous myself because this case can change everything for me. That and we're on the phone with a clinically insane phyco.

"Oh lighten up babe." The voice had a tone changer. If harry didn't know this person why would they need to change their voice?

"I've been watching you" Even that was enough to send shivers down my spine.

I focused on my computer screen. I hated that irritating animation it did while it was tracking. It was a picture of earth and it has a red arrow to where we are. Then to show it's tracking the arrow would stretch and bounce around the earth, landing on random places. Usually after the first 30 seconds it would have landed on one spot and gotten more information. It's been a minute and nothing.

"I just love you so much you know that right? I can make you happy Harry." I wasn't getting a device current and that made me nervous.

I felt like yanking the phone out his hand and demand who this person is. In a perfect world this person wouldn't be such a creep. In a perfect world Stella wouldn't have treated me like a piece of shit. In a perfect world I would have lived in a picket fenced house with a dog named Spot and two loving parents. In a perfect world I would have been the best big sister to Sophie. In a perfect world....

Focus Alex! FOCUS!

"We'll be together soon." The voice hummed.

"I don't understand" Harry looked at me as if he knew I had just zoned out.

I looked at me screen again. Before I looked at Harry again a message popped up.

Invalid error 404 Location not found.

What? How could that be? This is state of the art tracking systems! Whoever this is, is not playing games here. But we share the same programs with the FBI, in fact we are closely linked with them.

"Bye now it was lovely chatting to you." And the line went dead.

There was a short tense silence before he spoke.

"Did you get it?" He looked so hopeful.

"No" I pinched the bridge of my nose is frustration. "I couldn't track it."

"Oh"

"Yeah uh can I be alone for a second?" I asked still not looking at him.

"Are you alright?" He asked softly.

"I'm fine!" I snapped. He was a startled as I was with my loud tone.

"Okay, okay." He raised him hands in defeat and walked out my room quietly.

I groaned loudly and crashed on my bed. I let out a scream in the pillows which was annoyingly muffled. I thought in Lilo and Stitch that screaming into a pillow was calming but it was the opposite. I got even more annoyed.

"Alex? You alright?" cant I be left alone?

Honestly I have no idea what is annoying me and making me so pissy. Maybe it was the stress of this case. Maybe it was the unwanted flashbacks from my past creeping up on me. Everything from my past was locked away for a reason and they will stay locked away. Unless a certain five boys hold the key and are slowly making their way to unlocking it.

"Can't I be left alone I mean seriously?!" I shrieked and rose from the bed.

"I was checking on you..." Liam trailed off. He looked at me and something alarmed him. I have no idea what but he rushed towards me and grabbed me into a bone crushing, heart-warming hug.

"Why are you crying?" I froze and touched my cheek. It was true. I was crying.

This isn't like me to get so wound up into my thoughts , so emotional. I have no idea why I'm crying. Or do you? My subconscious questioned. Maybe I do know, maybe for the first time I cant handle everything on my own.

"Alex shh you're okay. You're okay." Liam hummed. "I don't know what happened or what you're going through and I'm not going to pressure you to tell me. But you can talk to me okay? I'm here for you." He repeated the words he said when I was at the hospital.

And I knew, I could no longer be Alex Winters around Liam Payne anymore.

Short but important.

Thank you so much for reading <3

Twitter: @sarcasmqueen007