36

"There, are you happy? Now untie me!" Still trying to undo the duct tape.

"More than happy." I yanked the duct tape out of his ankles, but left the ones on his hands. 

"If anyone asks, I was never here and we never saw each other again after Asa and I stayed here for a couple of nights. Do you understand?"

He rolled his eyes and nodded, too busy trying to free himself from the tape.

I walked out and locked his door again behind me, heading back to my motel. 

Asa was finally coming back, and I couldn't be happier. I'm actually surprised my plan worked. I looked through my bag and realized I forgot to return Ashton's knife. As I took it out, my WANTED flyer fell out. I unraveled it and it actually hit me- I don't have much time. 

My phone went off. 

iMessage-

Asa: Maya, I'm so sorry about everything I said and I'm sorry for believing Ashton. I should have known better. I'm on my way over. I love you. 

I had the biggest smile on my face and started tearing up again-now it was okay since I was by myself. 

Maya: shut up and come back to me already.

I looked back at my WANTED flyer. I can't be living like this forever I mean, one day I'm going to get caught-which seems to be closer than ever. I was actually considering going to the police to tell them what happened so they know everything was purely because of self defense on my part. If they even try to get Asa involved and blame anything on him, I will take the punishments for him. I lay in my bed waiting for Asa and started dozing off. 

5:00 am

2 hours later, I woke up to the sound of a familiar car horn. It was Asa. I just knew it. I leaped out of my bed and ran out the door. The sun was just starting to rise. He had parked on the other side of the street from the motel and was getting out of his car. 

"Asa!" I yelled as I ran across the street, hoping there weren't any cars coming. He held his arms wide open.

"Maya! I missed you so much, I'm so sorry about everything. I promise I won't leave you like that again I-" I shut him up by locking my lips on his. 

"Let's get out of here. Tomorrow morning. As fun as this has been, I'm going to go to the police and I'm going to explain everything to them so we don't have to hide anymore and live our life together in peace." I have to show you something. Stay here." I run back towards my motel room. I can hear Asa shouting "Be careful" as I run across the street.

I grabbed my WANTED flyer and headed out towards Asa's car. I noticed he had the biggest bouquet of roses in his hands. Now these are from you. I thought to myself and laughed. I really was the luckiest girl. 

I rushed across the parking lot and into the street.

 I heard a loud truck horn and the sound of Asa's voice yelling my name as I hazily fell to the ground and watched the bouquet drop from his hands as he rushed over towards me. 

Black out.