18-Asa's P.O.V

Maya left after breakfast. In all honesty, she was handling it better than I was. I was a nervous wreck, but I wanted to be as strong for her as I could. I took our empty plates back into the sink and I crashed on my couch. The TV was on and Modern Family was playing. Every day since the murder I had avoided watching the news, thinking that any second they're going to announce that they had found Jake's body. I muted the volume and went into my room. 

I went out to my balcony to take a look at what Maya was doing, but her blinds were closed. I could see a mere shadow of her sitting on her bed. My phone went off.

Maya: Thanks for breakfast today

Asa: xx

read at 11:00 am

I threw my phone back on my bed and thought of the first day we had met at our acting school and how unexpected and crazy and eventful my life has been ever since I had met her. Even though I am terrified of what'll happen, I felt a rush that I had never felt before. 

As much as I wanted to see her, I knew this would be a bad time. I needed to figure out what we were going to do so we didn't get caught. I lay in my bed. My head spiraling in all directions for ideas.

Do I run away? Do I tell the police? Should I tell Maya we both should run away? What about our parents? Our school? What have we done? Why didn't we just call the police after he was dead? What if we just ran away? Started out a life somewhere else? But isn't that suspicious? Maybe if we leave soon enough...

I take a look at my phone. No messages. I try to call her, but hesitate. My dumb ass hits the call button anyways and it goes to voicemail. I look out to her window and the shadow is gone. 

I lay back in my bed and start dozing off. I'm woken by the sound of a knock on my door.