19 (Asa's P.O.V)

It was Maya. She grabs my hand and runs into my bedroom, pulling me with her.

"Maya what are-" 

"Asa, I made up my mind. I'm running away. Away from here. I'm catching a bus tomorrow morning and heading out." . 

"What?? You want us to-" 

"Not us. Just me. You're not safe here so I'm going to leave. That way, even if they do find the body, only one of us left. There's no suspicion in that." She paces back and forth and lights a cigarette. 

"Maya why don't you let me come with you?" I demanded.

"I'm not risking that. If they find that both of us left here a few days after the murder then they're going to be on our asses like nobody's business. It's safer that I leave. I've already packed some-" 

"No. This is a bad idea. Where are you going to go? Where will you stay? Do you even have money to survive out there??" I was confused. I swear she would've wanted me to go with her. 

"I have extra cash I had saved up for emergencies. I'm going to take a bus heading out of the city and see where I find interesting and I'll stop and stay there- or maybe city hop."

I was puzzled. Is she really going to just leave without me?

"Maya, no. I'm going with you. We have to do this together.

I looked at her closely and noticed how anxious, tired and scared she had looked- as if she hasn't slept in days. 

"Asa, listen to me. You have acting class here. You have friends here. You have a life here. Me? Ive got nothing to lose. I've dragged you in this enough. Just let me go. Please." She pleaded, holding back tears.

"Acting is always here. My friends aren't leaving. I'm going with you. It's finalized." I take her hand and wrap both my hands around it. 

She pulls away and slowly walks out, taking one last look at me and giving me a smirk as she left.

I eagerly got up and began packing.