35

I was laying in my motel room, constantly checking my phone as if it were some drug i was fiend for, waiting for a response from Asa. Every minute, every hour, passed by like an eternity without him. I was worried that he had completely left the city without me and was not turning back. 

1:00 am

I knew by now both Ashton and his sister were asleep, and that Asa was still awake, so I gathered my tools and headed towards his house, taking a deep breath and praying I'd have Asa back by the time I step back into this motel.

The lights were completely off in every room at Ashton's house. I tiptoed toward his front door and pick locked it as quietly as I could. After a few tries, it opened and I was heading in. I crept into the kitchen and slowly grabbed the biggest knife in the drawer. I made my way upstairs and checked his sister's room-sound asleep. I headed towards Ashton's room- sound asleep and snoring like a bitch. Luckily, his room wasn't closed all the way so I could just silently creep in. 

I stared down at him in disgust as he was snoring away, thinking how much Asa trusted Ashton and how he betrayed Asa without him even knowing.

I took another deep breath. Here goes. 

I grabbed Ashton's neck as tight as I could, putting duct tape over his mouth and then around his wrists. "Good morning, bitch." I said as I knocked him out with his lamp desk. 

I tied his ankles together and placed his unconscious body upward, as if he was sitting. 

I went through his phone as he started to wake up. 

"What are you-Maya? What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Oh hey, we'll get to that in a second." I said as I kept scrolling through his texts with Asa.

"How did you get in here? Stop going through my phone!" He was squirming in his chair trying to escape the duct tape. 

"Then come over here and stop me. Also, you might want to set up an alarm system. It's really easy to get in." I laughed the most evil, petty laugh that even I scared myself a bit. 

"What do you want Maya? Money? I'll give it to you." I slapped him in the face as hard as I could. 

"I don't want your fucking money, you dumb ass. I want Asa back, and if I don't get him back by tonight, one of us is going to die. And heads up honey, it's not going to be me." I pulled out the knife I stole from his kitchen, clenching it tightly in my hand while Ashton anxiously glued his eyes on the knife.

"I can't get him back, he left YOU."

"He left me because of YOU. He left because of all of the bullshit lies you told him about me trying to get at you. Now, here's what's going to happen. I'm going to put Asa on speaker, and you're going to tell him how everything you said was a lie and if you even mention the fact that I'm here, you're over. Got it?" He anxiously nodded.

I dialed Asa's number and put it on speaker.

 After the 3rd ring, he answered. "Hello?" 

I started to tear up to the sound of his voice, but quickly pulled back. God, I missed him so much and it had only been a few days, but I'm just relieved that he is okay.

"Asa hi. Where are you?" His eyes still glued onto the knife.

"I'm still in Sacramento. I'm staying at a motel." He took a long pause. "Do you know where Maya is?"

Ashton looked up at me, waiting for an answer. I nodded. "Yes I do. Look Asa, there's something I need to tell you. What I told you about Maya and I was a lie. I only said that because I was jealous of how much you both cared for each other and I had never had that. You're the only guy she loves and she cares about you more than you'll ever know. She'd kill for you, Asa. Literally." 

Asa paused again, and finally spoke. "I don't-" I held the knife up slowly toward his throat so he'd defend me as he tried to hide his panic.

"Asa you have to believe me! I cross my heart I set Maya up okay? Everything I told you was a lie. You have to come back for her. She did nothing wrong. She's done nothing wrong but constantly defend you and wants what's best for you!" 

"Ashton why would you lie to me like that? I trusted you and you try to ruin my love life? Separate me from the only girl that matters to me? You know what, we will deal with that later. I'm heading over right now. Where is Maya staying at?" I could hear him moving around in the background so I knew he was getting ready to come back.

I mouthed 'motel' and pointed out Ashton's window. "She's at the nearby motel near my house. Hurry." I slowly put the knife back down as Asa hung up and smiled. Even though I may have traumatized Ashton for a good 15 minutes, at least we were even now.