9

I woke up the next morning to the sound of construction trucks outside of my apartment building. I turned to the clock.

9:35 am

I sighed. I had made no plans for the day due to class but now that it's oddly cancelled, I remained in my room, waiting for a miracle. I peeked out my balcony to see if I could get a glimpse of Asa. His blinds were closed.

*text tone* iMessage: From Jake

Jake: Maya I know you're mad but can we please work something out? Please?

I rolled my eyes. Is this guy serious?

Maya: Why are you even trying to get with me again? I know all this time I was just another number on your list. This isn't like you.

Read: 9:50 am

Jake: I realized there's something special about you. You're different from everyone else. There's just something about you. It's hard to explain.

Maya: You've lied so many times i don't even know when I should or shouldn't believe you, whats the real reason you want to be in my life again?

Jake: I just told you. No bullshitting, 100% truth. from now on too.

Read 10:05 am

My doorbell rang. who could this be? No one ever visits me.

I opened the door to a tall beard man with a hat holding a beautiful bouquet of Maison des Fleurs roses. He must've gotten the wrong apartment number.

"Hello Ma'am, I have a delivery for Maya."

"Th-thats me." I stuttered. Who brought me these beauties?

He handed me the flowers, smiled and tipped his hat.

I took them inside and placed them on my counter. I opened the small envelope next to one of the roses.

Heard you're having a bad day, hopefully this will cheer you up xx
Love always,
Asa

Heard you're having a bad day, hopefully this will cheer you up xxLove always,      Asa