24

The past few days had been the best and craziest days of my life and spending it with Asa was what made it incredible. I had bought some "Intense Red" hair dye from a nearby drugstore and dyed my hair. Asa said it made me look 'brighter.' I had all of this coming, I really did- and I was prepared for it. I should've just confronted the police, but I panicked. They should understand if we get caught, right?

I don't know exactly what I loved about Asa. His sincerity? His talent at making delicious breakfast foods? Those icy blue eyes? It could've been all three, or it could've been neither. All I know is that I loved him. He melted my ice-cold broken heart and healed it back up. I just wish I could tell him, but that would make me seem so softhearted and lovey-dovey. Gross. 

We had breakfast at a nearby cafe at our hotel. Asa was more quiet than usual. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, with a mouthful of pancakes. I tapped his shoulder.

" I keep seeing Jake's body everywhere on the news. Word is going around and they're looking for suspects." He whispered. 

"We're in San Francisco, and he's in the Harbor near Venice. We'll be fine. We got rid of all evidence, remember? Just relax." I placed my hand on his shoulder and he placed his hand on mine, smiling. 

"Hey Maya, there's something I need to tell you." He said gently, putting his fork down. 

"Go ahead." He was about to open his mouth when suddenly my phone rang. It was Isabella.

"Hello?"

"Hey, did you see on the news? Jake's dead dude! How crazy is that?"

"Yeah, it really is. Crazy right?"

"I called to tell you they found his phone in his pocket. It's still working. They're planning on contacting the last few people he talked to before he died. They might call you." She told me, almost as if she was telling me a secret. 

"Oh-okay, thank you for telling me, I had no idea." I hung up.

"It was Isabella. I-texted her about a music app and she wanted to tell me about it." I couldn't tell him. I'm not trying to scare him even more. "Now, what did you want to tell me?"