12

I froze. I couldn't even type. I paced back and forth in my room until I came up with something.

I called Asa. 

"Hello? Maya are you okay?"

"Asa I need you to come over. I'm apartment 341 on the third floor."

"I'm on my way." I hung up and cleaned up a bit around my house.

I heard a knock on the door. 

"It's open!" Asa came running in, then slowed down while he examined my elegant, yet dark living room.

"I don't like much sunlight heh." I nervously laughed. 

"I can tell, I love your style. I'm guessing this is your bedroom?"

"Sure is, go on in." I felt my palms sweating.

I watch him explore my room and gaze around my walls, curiously studying the clothes, furniture and items that inhabited them.

 I couldn't stop thinking about the roses and who sent them. 

Asa turns to me and grabs my hand. He takes me over to my bed and we sit down. 

"Maya, I know something has been bothering you. Please tell me. You've been acting strange. What is this bouquet of roses you were talking about?"

I tried to speak, but the words wouldn't come out. I was terrified. I ran over to my counter and grabbed the bouquet.

"Look" I handed them to him. 

"Earlier today, this bouquet of roses was sent to me by a strange mailman with a card with your name on it. " I pull out the card and hand it to him. He takes it, with the most puzzled look on his face. He adjusts his glasses as he reads the note.

"Maya I really don't know what to say. I didn't send you these. If I did I would have told you." 

My eyes teared up. Asa looked as terrified as I did now. 

"Then who sent these?"  I screamed. 

"I-I don't know. I'm trying to think but I really am not sure. Do you have any idea of who it might be?"

"I have a stalker Asa don't you see? Someone who knows where I live. Someone who knows I'm friends with you! SOMEONE WHO HAS SEEN US TOGETHER." I lose it.

"I live by myself most of the time and I'm alone and knowing someone is out there watching me  is terrifying. I don't know what to do. I'm scared for both of us."

"We won't let this person go any further. I will protect you as much as I can." He tried comforting me.

"Aw Asa, that's sweet but I think a rabbit would be more brave than you" I tease.

"You've got some jokes." He laughs. "Does anyone come up in your mind who would do something like this? Like someone who wants your attention or someone who you're 'enemies' with?"

I stop and think. "In fact, there is. J-Jake. His name is Jake. But it can't be! He-"

Asa interrupted me. "Who's Jake?"

I explained everything to him. From how we met, to how he broke my heart, to how he constantly has been trying to get ahold of me.

"But he lives two hours away and has no idea where I live or that I'm friends with you. He doesn't know anything!" 

"Maybe he knows someone that lives here? Maya?" 

"Asa. I know what we can do." I turn to him and smirk.

"What call the police? Report him to FBI? What?"

"We kill him."