15

I turned to my mirror and noticed a tall figure with a hoodie and some long object in his hand outside my window, trying to step into my balcony. I ran to my kitchen and grabbed the biggest knife in my drawer and ran into my closet. 

Running away from him is pointless. I'm done with him. Come at me, you cold-hearted bitch. 

I hear the balcony doors slowly starting to open and he steps in and shuts it behind him. 

"Maya, I know you're here. Come out I just want to talk baby girl. "

Baby girl? Disgusting.

I peep through the small space between the closet and the door, watching him as he scans my room and lifts my bed sheets, tapping his what now seems to be baseball bat on his hand. He gets closer and closer to the closet.

A wave of sweat trails down my face, I gasp for air silently as I prepare my knife. 

He goes into the living room and passes the closet. I keep watching as he hums a song while calling my name. 

"This bat isn't meant to hurt you. I'm coming after your friend Asa. I know he's here and he's the problem. He's why we can't be together anymore."

I bite my lip as hard as I can so I don't scream. I feel tears streaming down my face as he mentioned Asa's name. Why did he have to go through this with me? This isn't what I wanted. 

I wiped my tears and put one knee up, ready for him as he makes his way back to my room. I almost wanted him to open my closet door. 

He lets out a laugh and swings open my closet door and takes a swing at his bat. 

I swoop my head out of the way and slit the back of his ankle.

"Damn IT!" He yells as he falls to the ground. I crawl out as he slams the bat on my leg. 

I cry out a yell and try to grab my leg, but he swings again. I quickly limp out of the way and slit his other ankle. 

"I'm going to kill you Maya!" He yells out as he reaches for both his ankle and his bat. 

I limp my way out of the closet as he drags himself behind me. 

He grabs ahold of my leg as hard as he can where it was wounded. I let out a loud cry as I reach for my knife.

With two hands, I lift it up in the air and slam it down in his stomach and I let out a grunt. 

The room goes silent. He tilts his head towards me and it tilts back. His neck finally let go. 

I pant for air and check his pulse. Nothing. 

I freeze as I look down at Jake's lifeless body, the knife still locked in his stomach. 

I held on to my leg beside his body and sat there in silence.