7

I woke up the next morning to a phone call. It was Jake.

Jake: maya I know ur mad but can u please call me?

I call him.

"Hi Maya."

"Jake what do you want? I really don't want to deal with you."

"Maya just listen I said I'm sorry! I don't understand what else do you want me to do?"

"Jake, imagine holding a glass plate in your hand. Now throw it on the ground hard enough for the pieces to shatter everywhere."

"Um where is this goi-"

"Now say sorry to the plate. Is the plate fixed?"

"No-"

"Exactly. Do you understand now Jake? I'm the plate. Even if I accept your apology it won't fix my feelings again."

"Okay I understand but I know I fucked up and all I want is for you to know how sorry I am."

"You pulled me in to play your little love game while you were talking to god knows how many other bitches and you lied constantly and I believed you because I thought you genuinely cared about me. But you didn't. That's not cool. At all. I gotta go."

"Maya please just hold on-"

"I gotta go." I hang up.

I grab my pack of cigarettes and go out in my balcony. I feel tears building up in my eyes but I try to resist them.
I suddenly remember something important I forgot to do this morning.

Maya: Asa,

Asa: Maya! hey