34

I crumpled up the paper and threw it inside my bag. The picture used was one of me with my long brown hair, but I didn't know if the short, faded red haired me looked less recognizable. I hope I did.

I left the motel as quickly as I could and started wandering around, avoiding Ashton's house at all costs. The whole time I was thinking what Asa could be doing or where he was. I phoned him again. No answer. 

I tried texting him. 

Asa I know you're angry at me, but what Ashton told you was not true. Please call me and I'll tell you the truth. 

Delivered

I still couldn't believe Ashton could do something like that to his own friend. I thought Asa said he could be trusted. But, I knew I wasn't going to let this slide. I'm going to get the love of my life back and I will do anything. Anything- to make it happen.

I made my way back to Ashton's house and hid behind a tree where his room was. His room light was on and he was playing what looked like Red Dead Redemption II on his PS4. I tried to see if maybe Asa came back, but there was no sign of him there.

I went to a nearby Walmart and bought some duct tape and went to a different cash register buy rope. I had my glasses on in case someone would notice me- good thing wearing glasses indoors is a common thing now. 

I grabbed a McDonald's lunch right after, headed back to the same motel and waited.