#25

I looked at the mirror in front of me with a frown. I knew that it has been half an hour when I took a shower but my hair still kept on sticking out from its place. I tried to get it wet but the trick didn't work and so I finally resort to my own saliva which I really do not recommend, but I have no choice but to do it.

I was about to lick my hand but suddenly, this cringy feeling erupted within my system. With not much care, I decided to go with the messy look and started to ruffle my hair which made some strands of my hair fell down on my forehead.

"Great. Now I got some fucking bangs." I hissed.

With one last flick from my wrist, I went out of my room and headed downstairs where the dining hall is located. When I was just in front of the door, I could hear voices of children and two unrecognizable voices then there was Alexander's. I held out a deep breath to myself and finally pushed open the door. The noise coming from the door was enough to get their attention.

Alexander looked at me with a knowing smile as I took myself to my own chair which is to Alexander's left. The woman beside him looked oddly familiar but I couldn't put a gits to it while the man to her right was unknown to me. The two children to the man's left was a girl and a boy. Judging by their physical attributes and appearances, I believe the girl was the youngest and the boy is the oldest. Both of the children had golden locks just like their mother but the eyes and face took from their father.

"Hello, good evening." I greeted which they returned with nods. "So, am I missing something here?"

"Lay." The man finally croaked out. His voice was filled with disbelief.

"Yes? I'm so sorry if I couldn't remember you. I guess you've heard what happened to me right?"

The man in front of me was speechless as he stared at me, with a smiling face, I tried to encourage him to talk but I was starting to get squesy on how he stares at me. I tried to ignore him and have a chat with the woman right next to him but finally, he decided to speak.

"Lay. You're back. I can't believe it! Its been years!" He chirped happily and immediately stood up from his chair and went around the table to give me a hug.

"You're back! You're back Lay! Oh, how I've missed you!" This man's arm enclosed me on a tight grip but not the hurtful one. His embrace was welcoming, almost like a brother to me. With a smile on my face, I returned his embrace.

'I may have lost my memories with the people I met but its never too late to create new ones that I think will last for a lifetime.'

The dinner went well. The woman with the golden locks was Alexander's sibling named Magnolia. She had also expressed the same feeling his husband had and I was so happy for myself that I had met such wonderful persons during my stay in this household when I was still young. Her husband, whose name was Mark, was my fellow worker in the house. He was also a butler whom I had considered as my brother which explained how he felt when he saw me again after how many years. They got married with the blessing from Alexander and finally had their own family. Maleiya Anna was the name of their daughter while Marcus Alex was the name of their son.

After the dinner, they still had so much things they wanted to tell me so I listened to them the whole night. Their children were brought to another room since they got tired of our talks which they can't relate much. When everyone seemed too tired to talk, Mark motioned me to have a private chat with him in the gardens.

"Can I borrow him for awhile Sir?" Mark asked Alexander who was now casually sipping his tea. He just gave a smile and waved off indicating that it was fine.

We went outside the door to the garden via the dining room. The air was cold but not enough to freeze us both to death. We both sat down under one of the trees as we looked at the stars at the night sky.