#7

After Lay had finished checking some papers that begun to pile up on his desk, a knocked sounded against his office door that made him divert his attention to it. He put his pen down for a while and leaned back to his seat.

"Come in." Lay motioned.

The doorknob twisted open and revealed one of his few friends here in america. He wore a white longsleeves that are rolled up to his elbow and tucked neatly on his waist, and pants that contrasted his raven black hair. He looked like a model who came inside his office to give him a private runway.

"Oh hello Trance."

"My dear friend Lay, or should I say Ryan Williams, I've missed you."

"If someone happens to hear you, I'll kill you." Trance laughed.

Trance and Lay exchange pleasantries and settle themselves in the living room in his office. Lay prepared tea for the both of them seeing that Trance got addicted to his tea when he serve it once to him when he was dumped by some random girl in the past. Just by the smell had Trance moaning in delight.

"I really missed your tea Lay. You won't believe that I hurriedly went home from my tape in Africa just to taste your freaking tea." Trance complimented and took a sip which made him moan in delight again.

Lay and Trance met in a gathering several years ago. At that time, Trance was so broken hearted that he just stayed outside the garden looking all grumpy and alone. Lay noticed him, and basically comfort him and said the words to Trance.

--

"Let's make a deal! If I make you cry, then you have to move on and forget about her."

Trance was madly in loved with the girl who dumped him so without a thought, he gave Lay a mocking laugh.

"Oh really? I'll expect that."

Trance challenge him and Lay just nodded. Tomorrow came and Trance just woke up. A maid came in and brought his morning tea and when he finally tasted it, he froze. His eyes glued to the soft hazel color of the tea and he didn't even realize it that tears begun pouring from his face. The taste of it reminds him of his childhood memories, that's why he literally cried.

"Told you I could make you cry. So a deal is a deal, you'll move on."

Trance chuckled and wiped off the tears from his face.

--

Presently, they've become one of the best of friends, they tell secrets from each other. And the only ones who knew his true identity was his family and Trance Thornton.

"So what's the pleasure of you coming here?" Lay asked.

"You see, my friend is having a big celebration this coming friday, which is tomorrow."

"Who?"

"Zeke Gordon. The owner of the famous Gordon House of Pharmacueticals and Technologies."

"Oh. Okay? so what's your point?"

"Well, he would like to invite you." Trance explained.

"Oh sure. Its fine."

"And!... I'd like you to meet one of my best friend too in that celebration."

"Hmmm, that would be fun."

"So I'll pick y-"

"No. I'll drive there myself, just wait for me at the entrance."

Trance nodded. They talked for some random things for awhile before Trance decided to leave. They exchange smiles and the door was then closed, leaving Lay all to himself again.

Lay heaved a sigh and leaned back to his swivel leather chair, thinking about nothing. He stared into nothingness and broke out from his pace after seconds of dazing.

"Oh God I'm going crazy." He grumbled and and slumped his head on his table.

Suddenly, a ringing sound sounded on his table, making a vibration on the surface that had distracted Lay.

"Oh its time."

Lay stood up from his chair and grabbed his coat from the coat stand beside the door. He slipped it on and got out from his office.

"Take incharge Marriane." Lay instructed his secretary whilst she just said "yes sir!" to him.

He rode the elevator to the basement parking lot. When he arrived there, he saw some of his employees gathering some ingredients from the truck to the kitchen. He arrived at his car and unlocked it.

"Going to pick up Caleb sir?" One of his employees called out.

"Yeah." Lay answered with a smile.

He manuevered his car out his parking lot and headed down the road to his son's school, which was a 30 minutes drive or more if traffic was a bitch.

Luckily, there was not an accident happened or it would be a one hell of a traffic. He drove smoothly on the road until lay reach the school ground premises.

Lay parked his car on the schools parking lot and walked inside the building. He greeted the teachers that he met in the hallway and some other staffs.

Lay was awarded as the Golden Parent of the school during the elementary graders Closing Party last year. Even the mothers who have their husband with them, they would totally oggle the beauty that Lay had. They even wandered who's the other parent of Caleb since the child was also a beauty the eyes cannot deny.

"Good afternoon Ryan. Class is almost done."

A petite woman with a ginger head tied into a messy bun greeted him, her name was Danice. She was also a single parent like him, and her daughter Jessica was close to his son Caleb so they were also close. But Lay had other thoughts about her, because he can feel that she have hots for him.

"Likewise Mrs. Wood." Lay flashed his pearly with teeth with his smile and as immediately, the woman blushed crimson red and started to fidget as they sat at the waiting chairs in the ground floor. The television posted on the wall was playing this some kind if show. When he saw Trance in it, he realized it was the time where they went to Africa to shoot this. He looked around and saw that everyone was so into the episode.

"So Ryan, uum... Do you mind if I invite you to a dinner this friday?" Lay snapped out from his thoughts and looked at her.

"I'm sorry Danice but I have something to attend tomorrow night." Lay explained.

"Oh, is that so? Ummm, how about this Saturday?" Danice pressed. Lay was about to deny when she added her words.

"We could have the children to play, right?" Before Lay could deny again, his son unexpectedly jumped on his lap and happens to hear what they were talking.

"Dad! Please? I wanna go to Jessica's house. Please...?" Caleb gave a puppy look in his eyes which he cannot say no.

"Ok fine. We'll go there by Saturday Danice."

"You're going to our house Uncle Ryan?" Lay nodded. "Yay! we can play with my toys Caleb."

"Sure! sure!" Caleb chirped.

The two parent parted ways with a good bye and see you on saturday. Lay buckled his son on the passenger seat and quickly slid inside the drivers seat.

"So buddy, what d'you want to eat on the ride?"

"Fries! and oh! burger!"

"Fries and burger it is."

****

So basically, Lay changed his name to Ryan Malcolm for public use. But his private accounts, he still had the name of Lay Bifrost Miers since he was married to Alexander before he left.