#9

Dusting the invisible dust on his shoulders, Lay looked at his appearance on the mirror with a sigh. Now he didn't want to go to the party. His muscles were aching and his feet was feeling beat out.

Boby, his head chef, just had his wife giving a birth at the hospital so he went for a day off. And he have to replace him for the rest of his shift. And when it was time for Caleb's gym class, their teacher requested that parents should attend and play with their kids just for today. Lay can't say no because he can't resist having his child to hate him just because of this. And now, he was dead beat tired.

"Dad?"

He looked away from the mirror and focused his attention to his son who was standing at the door holding one of his favorite panda bear.

"You have to go to sleep bud. You're tired, I'll have Mrs. Jean right here to be your nanny just for tonight okay?"

The child nodded in understanding while rubbing his eyes. Lay lifted Caleb from the floor and tucked him on his bed then turned to his nanny and smiled.

"Please take care of him. Good night"

"Good night too Mr. Malcolm."

Lay took his coat on the hanger and slip it on before he exited their apartment. He rode the elevator down and it was so awkward because a woman was staring at him like he was a meat. Her face was decorated with so much make-up that you would think she was a clown. Her dressed even barely covering her skin.

"Say Mr. handsome, wanna have a night out with me?" She purred as she kept on biting her nails. Lay just paid no mind to her as he kept his gaze straight to the door of the elevator.

The woman suddenly inched closer to Lay and that made Lay's left eye twitch in annoyance.

"Hey Mr. handsome listen he-" Before she could finish her words, Lay yanked her hair back making her yelp.

"Listen here bitch, if you so badly want to get inside my pants, don't hope. I'll have your head ripped off from you first before you could stuck your filthy body on me. BITCH! The kinds of you should just fuck a dog!" He snarled.

Well, you couldn't blame Lay from being violent towards women who loves to flirt. Since that was what ruined 'their' relationship.

The elevator dinged and the door opened. Lay quickly walk out but before he could get far, he pulled out a sanitizer in his pockets and pour it on the bitch who was slumped in the floor whilst she screamed in profanities.

"I'll get you for this you asshole."

"Yeah bitch! I'll be looking forward to that." Lay yelled as he gave the middle finger to her.

He unlocked his car and slide in, turning it on in the process. He clutched his fingers together and stretch it, so as his neck to ease that numbing feeling and in a minute, he was down the rode driving to the famous Gordon residence.

--

Trance was watching his watch out of patience while waiting outside the mansion. He has been standing for more than 30 minutes and Lay haven't arrived yet. When he spotted a certain car and a familiar plate number he breath a sigh and went down the steps to greet him.

Lay got outside and handed his keys to a vallet and was immedaitely greeted by Trance.

"Oh God La-"

"Shhh... If you utter that, I'll kill you." Trance nodded whilst Lay smiled.

"Sorry I was a bit late. My head chef requested a day off and I have to replaced him and here comes Caleb's gym class that needs the parents presence so I was dead beat tired."

"It's fine at least you made it. And you look more handsome."

"Fine? I'm not even in the good mood so please can you do the talking for me?"

"Ah... yes, I will do that on your behalf."

"Good."

The two entered the grand hall of the mansion and Lay was amazed. This house isn't appropriate to be called as a mansion but a palace, just like Alexanders. Lay grimaced at what he was thinking, making Trance look at him in bewildered.

Slap!

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Just tired okay?"

Lay slapped himself because he promised not to think about him or ever mention his name ever again.

A waiter came by with a tray and Lay grabbed a glass of wine from it. Sipping, he realized that he truly needs a drink.

"Good evening everyone, tonight we celebrate..."

The speaker on stage started blabbering and all Lay could think was to lie down on a soft bed, but here he was staring into nothingness. The people around them started singing happy birthday and Lay just rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Come, I want you to meet my friends."

--

"Hey, where's Trance and his so called friend that he's going to introduce to us?" Zeke grumbled.

Alexander tried looking around from tables to tables if he could spot Trance and luckily, he found him easily.

"Here he is."

"What?" Zeke panned.

"Happy birthday Zeke."

Trance greeted whilst Zeke stood up and hugged each other. Alexander stood up also to give his friend a manly hugged and a smile.

"So where's your friend?" Zeke asked.

"Oh, he just went to the restroom."

"Oh."

"Guys, I'm sorry if you mistook him to be a snobber, He was just tired from work and being a parent took a toll on him today. So I apologize to you in behalf of him."

"Wait. So he's married?" Alexander asked.

"I don't know but he has a seven year old son." Trance stated.

"You've been friends, how come you didn't even know?" Zeke asked astonished.

"He's a bit of a secretive person." Zeke and Alexander nodded in realization.

"Oh here he is."

Trance waved at someone behind Zeke and Alexanders back as he stood up. Both young man moved their chair to have a proper view of what's behind them. When Alexander finally had a full view of the person Trance has been talking about, he froze, eyes slowly widening as he stare at the beauty before him.

He looked like him.

"Guys, I want you to meet the owner of The Golden Pavillion, Mr. Ryan Malcolm."

"Good evening and happy birthday to you Mr. Gordon."

The two man was so endulge in seeing such beauty in front of them. His jet black hair and black eyes fitted perfectly in his pale skin, making him look so innocent and at the same time manlier and handsome.

"Ryan, these are my friends, Zeke Gordon and Alexander Hamilton Miers."

Lay froze, his eyes focused on the very man before him. 'Oh God!' Lay thought.

Zeke reach out his hands to shook Lays hand and then Alexander. Lay offered his hand for Alexander to shook and when their hands touched each other, he felt the sparks once again.