#2

"Sir, breakfast is ready."

The man wearing a black tuxedo standing by the door caught the attention of Alexander as he read his daily newspapers in the living room. Alexander replied with a short nod and folded the newspaper back under the coffee table where all magazines has been piled up.

He stood up from the couch and exited the the living room silently, silently that you could hear a pin drop. His new personal butler followed suit and walked in front of him to guide him through the corridors. It was dead silent.

Alexander tried communicating but it all seemed so futile because he won't listen, they won't listen, plus, the atmosphere was too suffocating that you can't even choke one single word out from your mouth. So decided, he would keep quiet.

Alexander sat at the long rectangular table that stretched out to the other side of the dining room with a blank and smug expression. He had already lost his apetite seeing that the room that was used to be lively was now like a mourning place held for a dead persons burial. It was silent and you could only hear the clinking noise of the silverware as the butler started to lay down his food infront of him.

He stared at his meal while wishing for himself that he shouldn't have finished all his paperworks earlier than expected so he could have a little distractions from all the bullshits tailing behind him. Now he regreted it. He sigh from his seat and grab his knife and fork and begun cutting the meat spread in his plate. He cut a tiny one and brought it to his mouth to chew.

Yes, it was delicious, but he doesn't want to eat anymore. He placed his knife and fork back down and grab a napkin to wipe off his mouth. He stood up from his seat and begun walking out of the dining room with a smug look on his face. Without saying a word, he closed the door with a loud blag that may had echoed throughout the hallway.

*****

As Alexander was busy reading one of his workers proposal of having another branch of business in another foreign land, a soft knock sounded behind the door that made him halt from reading on the paper and looked up.

"Come in." He called out.

The knob twisted and entered the lean and perfect posture of Mark in the room. He closes the door silently and proceeded in front of his master bringing with him a silver round tray in his right hand.

"What is it?" Asked Alexander, eyeing the envelop placed on top of the silver tray.

"A letter just arrive from America and it seemed to be an invitation from one of your partners in business sir."

Mark explained and presented the tray to his master so he can open the envelop with an odd looking stamp. He pick it up and tore it open with his small pocket knife and out a white paper folded neatly.

It was an invitation indeed. It was a birthday invitation of one of his old partners in business and a good friend of his way back his college days who resided in America. They've never met for how many years now. He was invited by his friend with some of his occasions but he couldn't come due to his tight schedules or he'll be missing Lay are the reasons he've never attended any of this persons invitation. But right now, he guess its the time that he should let loose and just leave the house for awhile.

And about that, maybe his friend could help him spread his business in America, then that would be great.

"Call George, inform him I'll be attending."

"Certainly sir."

Mark went out of the room and leaved Alexander and his worker on their own demised. He looked up to the man infront of him who is sitting nervously on one of his office chair.

"Y-yes s-sir?"

"I'll approve the proposal. Just pack your bags and come here tomorrow morning. We'll leave for America at noon."

The man beamed in happiness and nodded a thank you as he got out of the room. Alexander leaned back on his swivel chair and gave out a long boring sigh.

Finally, I can get out of this house for the meantime. Alexander thought as he watch outside the windows to the garden full of red roses. He couldn't even forget that scene, that day and that very moment where he felt his face getting red from seeing such beauty right infront of him. He couldn't hold it.

--

"You're weird."

"Master, do you need anything?"

"I said, you're weird."

"May I asked why? Master?"

"You keep smiling while watering those plants. That's what is weird."

"Master, I find happiness in watering the plants, and these... Are my favorite plant for life. It reminds me of my mom."

"Master are you okay? You look reddish and sweaty. Maybe you should head inside now."

"Yeah. Don't worry, its just the heat of the sun."

*****

The plane landed a few hours ago and the airport was now buzzing with so many people trying to catch their flight or is just getting off the place. Alexander and his companion Dean, who is a 23 year old guy walked out of the airport and was immediately met by two huge bulky men that looked like they come from the mafia greeted them.

"Welcome to America Mr. Miers and Mr. Carter, I'm George and we'll be your escort to the Gordons residence." A man in his mid-fifties but still looked like he could kill just from his looks spoke which made the 23 year old timid Dean twitch in fear, his round glasses sliding off a little bit from his face.

The two followed George while the other guy brought their lugagges in one go. They slid in inside a black mercedes bench and leave the airport as soon as they can. Alexander was immediately met by Americas tall skyscraper and busy streets that made him smile somehow.

It has been years since he last visited America, and he was still a college freak that time, enjoying the city lights of the country with his buddies Zeke Gordon and Trance Thornton. They were his best college buddies right before his father died.

It was about two hours when they left the airport and Alexander was already feeling a little bored out of his mind from just sitting there with a sleeping Dean on the other side of the car with drool rolling out of his mouth. He pulled out his phone and took a picture of him but he forgot to turn the flash off and it made Dean stir and finally woke up from his sleep because of the strong flash of light that directly hit his closed lidded eyes. But Alexander was thankful from it, he got the best and clear one.

"What was that?" Asked a semi-awake and semi-confused Dean with his drool still on his face.

"Nothing just go back to sleep Mr. Carter." Called out Alexander as he scanned his gallery.

"Ok." Replied Dean and leaned his head on the cars window and went back to sleep.

Alexander scanned his gallery and there he found himself staring at each of the pictures which has his beloveds image plastered on it. And he couldn't deny the feeling building inside of him that somehow they will cross path once again.

And once that happens, he won't ever let go of him again.