#15

The sound of the water dripping from the faucet and the constant splashes and Caleb's giggle were the only thing that could be heard in the bathroom.

I leaned my back a little more on the tub and watched the white ceiling above me. Caleb was playing with his toys on the water as he sat in between my lap.

"Whoosh!!" Caleb yelled off as a sound effect on one of his toys as it flew in the air.

I felt my lips curving into a small smile. I loved listening to my son's voice. Its like a lullaby in my ears and it will be the only thing that would make me feel alive.

"Dad?"

I was brought out from my deep thoughts when Caleb's voice called out to me. I tore my gaze from the ceiling and looked at my son's cute face. The very resemblance of the man I never wanted to mention.

"Are you okay?" Caleb asked as he leaned on my bare chest.

"Of course son. Why would dad not be okay?" I reassured him with a smile.

His lips pouted as his round eyes looked at me in worry. His hair hanged down and was covering his forehead since it was still wet.

"Well... you sitting there seems like you're lonely." Caleb fidget with his hands. I chuckled and pulled him to my embraced.

"No... dad is just thinking about work." Caleb's arms coiled around my neck as he hugged me. 

"What about me? Are you not thinking about me dad?"

I was taken aback on Caleb's question. I laughed. "Of course dad is also thinking about you."

I replied and pulled him off of me to tickle his sides. Caleb let out a howl of laughter and the once quiet bathroom was now filled with noises of laughter and water splashing around as we played on the tub.

After the bath I dried Caleb with a towel and slipped him on his pajamas before going to bed.

"Dad?" Caleb called out as I fixed him on his bed.

"Yes buddy?" I asked as I brought his blanket over him.

"A-are you also thinking about my other dad?" Caleb stated in a small voice. 

It was so close to a whisper but I still heard it clearly but decided to play dumb like I never heard it.

"You should go to sleep bud. You still have school tomorrow."

"Goodnight dad." Caleb opened his arms indicating that he wants a hug. I happily complied and returned his hug.

"Goodnight too buddy. I love you." I kissed him on his forehead before standing up from sitting on his bed.

"I love you too dad." Caleb croaked out before dozing off.