#11

The clock had just struck five in the morning but a person was already up and is currently taking a shower. His skin flushed from the heat of the water as the bathroom was filled with nothing but the steam coming from the showers.

After taking a nice bath, Lay wrap himself with a white robe and quickly went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. He turned the television on and switch the channel where an early news was being broadcasted.

He grabbed the knife and begun cutting the ingredients needed before he heated a pan and begun cooking. By the time Lay had finished preparing, it was almost five thirty in the morning. He wiped his wet hand with a cloth and quickly walked to his son's room to wake him up.

"Buddy, wake up or else you'll gonna be late."

Caleb's eyes flutter open, revealing his green eyes that would obviously belong to his father. He rubbed his eyes to chase away the sleepiness and looked at his dad standing before him.

"Is it time to go to disney land dad?" He whined.

Lay gave a chuckled at his son's words and went to pick him up. "Not yet buddy. You still have school."

"Oh. I thought I was going to disney land with you." He whined again as he rest his head on his father's shoulder.

Lay carried his son into the bathroom and strip him off from his clothes before putting him in the tub to have a bath. The scent of strawberry permitted the air since it was Caleb's favorite soap and the sound of splashing water can be heard.

"Stop it Caleb or you'll get daddy wet." [Ooohhh... dirty thoughts😂]

"Hehe, why do ducks float dad?" Caleb asked out of the blue.

"Because... they are ducks?" Lay replied awkwardly and with uncertainty in his voice.

"Hm... guess you're right dad." Lay wanted to faceplam himself.

The bath didn't took long enough since time was running out. Quickly, Caleb run outside of their apartment and pressed the elevator.

"Dad hurry! The elevator's already here!" Caleb called out as he pressed the hold button.

"Yes, coming buddy!"

Lay practically ran to the elevator and got inside but to his dismay, he saw the bitch who tried to harrass him last night. And worse, she even had a bulky muscled man beside her. Lay's face hardened when these two shameless being begun flirting with each other. The sound of their lips clashing together echoed in the tight closed space which made Lay tighten his fist.

"What's that noise?" Caleb interacted but luckily, the elevator reached the parking lot and before Caleb could see what was happening behind them, Lay had pulled him out of the elevator.

"What was that dad?"

"Nothing son. We should hurry or you'll be late."

Lay sped out of the parking lot and into the streets to get his son to school. The drive to Caleb's school only took fifteen minutes from their home. He escorted his son to his room which made the mother's who he met along the way stare at him in awe.

'His wife is so damn lucky to have a husband that handsome!' Was all these mothers tried to shout but cannot.

Lay didn't stay far too long and reminded his son to wait with his teacher until he picks him up at three. The good boy nodded and kisses his dad a goodbye and Lay went away with his car.

From Caleb's school to Lay's restaurant, it would take another fifteen minutes but the traffic was so bad that it made Lay sighed in frustration. While waiting, a certain huge tv screen was sporting an advertisement about the top ten young businessmen that are famous and most influencial in the industry. He watched it with not much interest but perk up when a familliar face show itself on the screen.

It was him. The very man that haunted his being the every moment in his life.

He was on the top list out of these ten other young businessmen. Upon seeing his face, he remembered last night. After how many years of not seeing him, how can he forget that face when he had a complete duplicate of him running around the house?

Guess destiny was still not satisfied in ruining his life. Even if he decided to burry the past six feet under the ground, just the face of his son would replay all those bittersweet memories. A complete throwback.

Lay laughed to himself as he let his head land itself on the steering wheel, making his car blew out a loud honk.

"Hey! Were all stuck here so don't complain!"

"I'm sorry! It was an accident!"

Lay slapped himself and rolled his car window up to conceal himself away. 'Look! Just stop thinking about him! You'll get nowhere if you kept on dilly dallying about him. Wake up Lay!'

--

Lay arrived at the 'The Golden Pavillion' which he owned. He parked the car on the side and got out when suddenly, a shiver that makes him think of an ominous premonition ran down his spine.

'What was that?' He thought to himself as he looked at the opposite lane where a car was park alone. Dismissing his thoughts he quickly locked his car and walk inside the building. When he stepped inside he was immediately greeted by his workers.

"Morning boss!" Greeted his employees as he passed by them. Lay returned the greeting and went upstairs to his office to do some work.

--

When Alexander saw Lay's car parked at the opposite side of the road and got out, his eyes never left and continued watching his every move. When he noticed that Lay's eyes somewhat moved and took a quick look into his direction, he quickly duck down. Afraid that he might see him but to only slap himself when he realized that his car window was adorned by heavy black tinted windows.

'How idiotic of you Alexander.'

Alexander remained sitting inside the car for a few hours since the restaurant hasn't yet opened.

When one of the waiters inside decided to open the door, Alexander quickly got out from his car and headed inside. He sat down on one of the tables and called for a waiter.

"What would you like to order sir?"

"I'd like to order your boss to come see me."

"Excuse me sir?"

"I'd like to order your boss to come see me." Alexander repeated his words without any hint of joke.

"Do you have an appointment with Mr. Malcolm Sir?" The waiter patiently asked.

"Why should I? Go tell him that his husband is here to see him!" Alexander pointed out word for word to the waiter who had the face of great shock.

'Is this gentleman here out of his mind? The last time I checked, our boss was a male! Not a female!?' The waiter thought to himself. Nevertheless, he still went upstairs to call for his boss.

When he opened the office to his boss, his complexion immediately went pale as beads of sweat went running down his face, racing for dear life. Lay was holding a shotgun and pointed it at his head. Alarmed, the waiter quickly kneeled on the ground, both hands in surrender and admit defeat.

"Oh. My bad. What do you want?" Lay asked, his shotgun still pointing towards his poor employee.

"A man downstairs said that you boss should go and greet your husband!" The waiter yelled with a quivering voice. Scared shitless.

"Fuck him! Go tell him the address to the nearby mental institution. He must have hit his head somewhere! Go!" Lay yelled back.

The waiter immediately scrambled up to tell Alexander. He gave a small piece of card to him which made Alexanders face darken.

"Dear sir, our boss had recommend a good mental institution and its quiet near. You should go there and have your head checked!"

Slam!

Alexander got up from his seat and quickly walked out of the building.

'Your playing hard to get Lay!'