#12

Just yesterday, a man had came into the restaurant and claimed their boss to be their someone's wife which made the employees gossip about this the rest of the day.

"Our boss is totally a man! He must had some illness in his brain."

"Poor guy. I just thought he was hot but sadly, had a brain malfunction!"

"I feel bad for the lady who dump him, he must have suffered a fatal blow!"

While they were backlashing the supposed to be "wife" who had ran away and dump the poor guy, they didn't know that someone has been listening to them. Lay almost spat out a mouthful of blood out his mouth from hearing those.

--

The following day, all the employees were practically standing by the entrance of the restaurant while looking outside. Even the customers who had come to eat had also turned their attention in the entrance. The girls were staring with awe and jealousy while the boys stared in amazement and admiration.

A line of black delivery vans parked outside the restaurant as a bunch of men started to pile the entrance of the restaurant with red roses. The smell of flowers wafted through the air, making the ambience somewhat romantic. After the men who had delivered had begun rushing out to leave did all the employees and customers begun to crowd the sea of roses placed in the entrance. Mostly, girls were the one who crowded the area.

"Oi! What are you doing with those trash? Quickly clean them up! Its disrupting our customers appetite!" Lay bellowed in rage and threw a bunch of sack to his employees.

"We thought you bought them for the restaurant boss?"

"Huh?! Did you really think that my restaurant is a flower shop?" Lay grumbled in anger. He knew that this was from him! without any doubt.

"Oi hurry up and clean those trash. The color is making my blood boil!"

Lay instructed and with one last glare at the entrance, Lay went back up to his office. He slid inside the bathroom and look at his own reflection in the mirror. He should've never underestimated Alexander. He was a powerful man and a conniving bastard so he will have all means to track him down till the ends of earth.

His name was just like of that Great conqueror. His being longed for its remedy which can be found from the comfort of the one who holds his heart.

He had changed his looks so incase if whenever they cross path, Alexander won't know that it was him. He changed his name for the risk of not finding him. He limits his contact with people as to avoid being discovered. And yet! Here he is, he knows that he is the Lay who he had married seven years ago. The butler of Alexander whom he got pregnant with! 'How the hell did he knew that it was me!'

He pulled his phone from his drawer and quickly scrolled down on his contacts. Pressing call, he waited for the person on the other side to answer.

--

Trance was wearing a pair of slippers as he squatted beside the road. A cigarette halfway lit was dangling on his mouth as he boredly watch his driver fixed the tire of their car when suddenly, he felt his phone vibrated in his pockets. He fetch it out and looked at his screen. When he saw the name 'Ryan Malcolm' flashed on his screen, he quickly threw his cigarette, stood up and cleared his throat and quickly pressed the answer button.

"He-"

"FUCK YOU! You spilled my secret! Now that he knew my real name, there's no way I can escape!"

"Wait a mi-"

"You traitor! I shouldn't have trusted you from the beginning! And don't act like you have quit smoking! Your mouth still reeks of cigarette and I know your smoking one right now!"

Unable to retaliate, Trance looked at the cigarette that was thrown to the side with an indifferent look and quickly brought his foot to step on it, completely extinguishing the thing.

"Ryan I-"

"Don't you know that my sacrifices had become worthless now because of your betrayal you traitor! I should have known that both of you were alike!"

"Birds with the same feathers will always flock together! I thought that you would never tell him about me but look what you did!"

"For once Ryan can you even hear me out and tell me what just happened?! I can't clearly put a thing or two on what you are saying! Fuck!" Trance yelled directly over the phone which made Lay pull his own phone away from his ears.

"You kept on talking about how I had become a traitor yet I didn't even knew what kind of betrayal I had done. Don't you know where I am now?" Trance shouted again. Lay's face darken.

"How the hell would I know wherever the hell you are?!" Lay shouted back. His index finger pointed in the air in rage.

"Grrr. Don't you know one of my tire just blew up suddenly so I'm stuck on some unknown road right now!"

"I think the heavens is already punishing you for the betrayal that you had done!"

"For the nth time! Damn!? What did I do!?"

Lay explained what had happened why he had accused Trance of such misgivings. When Trance heard everything he gave out an exasperated laugh and wanted to punch Lay hard on his head.

"Damn you idiot! How can I tell Alexander about you when I didn't even knew that he was your husband. If you would have told me sooner, I wouldn't even force you to come with me in that party. Yes, you told me about your past, but for once, you never told me who was in your past."

Lays eyes widened in realization. He did talked about his past to this guy. Told him he was married and such but the very name of his husband would be left out and concealed with the word 'he'. He never once mentioned his name until now!

"Oh my god." Lay utter in shock.

"Sigh. What a small world afterall. So you were the one who had capture that tyrants heart. Congratulations my friend!"

"Congratulations my ass! Have you forgotten what your fucking friend did to me?"

"Oh. So, on behalf of Alexander's soul, I'm sorry..."

"Bullshit! Cursed his soul! That's why I decided to left him because I was tired of hearing his apologies!"

With that, Lay ended the call and threw his phone on the wall. The phone smashed into pieces. Lay sat down on his chair, tears started streaming down his face. He couldn't explain why he was crying. It was like his emotional level couldn't keep up anymore and decided to burst out in a form of tears.

I had promised myself to not cry anymore but why must you always interfere with my life Alexander? I'm already fine without you in it!

So fine...