#14

Early morning, Lay was having a talk with one of his employees regarding about the stocks and supplies of the restaurant when one of his staff called for him.

"Sir? Um... Mr. Miers is here again. He said, he wanted to talk to you." Lay heaved a tired sigh as he massaged his temples to relieve himself.

"I think I have greater concerns knocking on my door. So please see for yourself the inventory for now. Ask me questions later." Lay stated to his employee.

The girl stood up from the chair with a nod and went out of the room. Lay's gaze shifted to his other employee who had been standing by the door.

"Send Mr. Miers to my office. I'll meet him there." Lay stated with not much energy to spare.

"Yes sir, understood." Then he left to relay the message.

As Lay was arranging the papers, he couldn't help but thought. 'If I meet him? What would I do? What should I talk about with him? What if he proposes to take Caleb away from me? I won't let that happen. He had taken everything from me, I won't let him take my son away from me.'

--

Alexander was sitting in one of the chairs in the office. His eyes never left the name plate that was placed just in front of the table.

'Ryan Malcolm' Alexander laughed. 'The name sounds sexy.'

"What are you laughing at?" Lay stated coldly as he entered his office. His right hand held a few folders and swiftly sat down on his swivel chair.

Lay calmly placed his folders on the table and read through them, not minding that there was another person sitting a few inches from him.

"Lay..." Alexander croaked out.

"Who are you referring to?" Lay asked coldly without batting an eyelash at Alexander. He was still calmly scanning through the papers in front of him.

"I know you're Lay so don't play dumb with me. Even if you changed yourself I will still recognized you." Alexander stated with a calm voice.

"So?" Lay asked nonchalantly without even batting an eye which made Alexander's blood boil in rage.

"Lay. I came here to talk. Won't you even spare me a glance?"

"Mr. Miers. As you have stated, you came here to talk. You can talk, I will listen."

Lay stood up from his desk and went over to one of the drawers perched against the wall on the left part of the room. As he rummaged through the files, he didn't knew that Alexander had also stood up from his chair and stood behind him. When Lay turned around, he was startled that caused all of the papers he was holding to fall to the floor.

One of Alexanders arm landed behind Lay which encaged him in Alexander's large stature.

"I came here to talk. Not to play coy around like we're a freakin fucking children. I know you felt deep hatred towards me Lay but you treating me like this, I couldn't stand it." Alexander stated with clenched teeth.

Lay's face contorted into an angry expression. "Shut up..."

"Have you forgotten what you have promised on our wedding day?!" Alexander yelled in return. His anger was reaching through the roof.

"Shut up! You're in my teritory have you forgotten Mr. Miers? Last time I remember, I would always follow you around back in your own lands. I even forgot myself and kept following you blindedly that I didn't even knew I was already walking with death traps under my feet. Even though I was hurting, I was still following you like a lost puppy because I thought you were my saving grace."

"But what happened to me in the end? You left me there almost too close to death. I was calling for you but you never came. I was hurting while you were being like a prince like you've always been. You don't know how desperate I was for you to save me, to close my eyes and whisper to me that everything would be okay. But those were just my selfish imaginations." Lay laughed as tears started to form on his eyes.

"Those seven years was..." Lay trailed. "Those years, I- I was... alone, I couldn't... I waited for you..."

Lay couldn't stop himself once he started it. All the hurt and sufferings that he endured all those times because he thought he was being loved, spilled out from his mouth like a container that couldn't contain all the water that has been poured down to him. All he wanted is to spill it out at once since the very person who caused him all these sufferings is standing right before him.

"You never loved me Alexander. Even if I stayed with you after all those years, I knew you would'nt love me like what I have always wanted you to do to me, because I realized that right from the start, you were just taking me for granted."

"Lay I-"

"Why do you have to play and make fun of my feelings master? Am I that low for you to just joke around? Is it that hard to just admit to yourself that you didn't loved me? And all you have loved all those years was... yourself."

Alexander froze. His hand slowly fell down back to his sides as his face was devoid of any expression. Lay quickly wiped off his tear stricken face with his sleeves and started to walked back to his chair.

"I have many things to do Mr. Miers so please feel free to leave. I cannot take our conversation any longer since my schedules are set for today."

Lay arranged the papers on his desk as he listened to Alexander's footsteps echoing on the floor. Lay heaved a sigh of relief because Alexander had chose to leave silently but Lay didn't expect that Alexander would turn around. His large strides were quick that Lay didn't react in time as he looked up.

Alexander's arms stretched out in open and pulled Lay's collar and brought it close to him. With only the glass table separting them, Alexander landed his lips on Lay's pair knocking the wind out from him.

The kiss was deep but there was no tongue involved. Lay stood frozen as his eyes opened wide like saucers. Those lips that he had grown to loved, after seven years, he managed to taste them again. That all too familiar feeling whenever Alexander kissed him were coming back that Lay didn't have time to suppress his feelings.

All he could do but cry as the kiss went deeper and deeper. This time, Alexander had finally used his tongue to fully weaken Lay then quickly let go, leaving Lay dumfounded and shock.

"I missed you Lay. I really do miss you." With a sad smile, Alexander turned around and walked out of the room.

Once the doors were closed, Lay's entire body fell to his chair. His face contorted into a disbelief that he could feel his entire being shaking from the intense shock he was feeling.

Slowly, his hands lifted off from his sides and landed on his lips. The heat from those lips left a tingling feeling on his own pair that he couldn't deny. Lay couldn't do anything but slump himself on his table.

"I'm such an idiot." Lay muttered.