#23

When we arrived at the airport, we were immediately escorted by one of Alexanders bodyguards  to his residence. The ride took an hour before we could get out of the city. When we finally managed to exit the city, the view was covered with tall trees on the side of the road. Since I got bored from watching all those trees outside, I decided to take a nap.

When I woke up, the caramel ceiling of a room greeted me. I slowly sat up from the bed and found out that I was nestled on the soft white sheets and pillows of the bed. The blood red canopy of the bed added elegance to it.

I scanned the room and found out that it was neat and smelt like home to me. The colors were comforting and the sunlight seeping from the curtains added a good vibe to the room.

I stood up from the bed and found out I was only wearing my white long sleeve shirt and a black squarepants. I smiled to myself out of the blue and walked to the floor to ceiling french window.

I pulled the curtains and saw the wide yard in front. A fountain stood in the center as the road to the house was filled by bricks. The rest of the land was covered in well maintained green grass. I can even see some gardeners attending to some of the flowers planted on the side and watering them.

I walked out of the room and only to be met with endless doors on the hallways but as if my body could remember, it took me to the direction where it could led me the staircase of the mansion. Along the hallway, paintings were hanged on the walls while red roses on white vases were put in every nook and cranny of the house.

'I bet Alexander liked roses.' I smiled as I caressed the flower.

Then suddenly, a hand reached out from my side and held my hand which was caressing the rose before a deep and husky voice resonated in my ear.

"You're awake Lay." Alexander stated and kissed my ears.

Startled, I pulled out from his grasps while clutching my ears. I could feel my heart beating in nervousness as I tried to cover my face with my other hand since I could feel my face heating up.

Alexander let out a laughed which made me glare at him.

"Cute."

"S-shut up!" I glared.

"Okay I will shut up but you have to come with me. You need to have breakfast since its already late in the morning. I will give a short tour in the house later on after we finished our meal."

Alexander rambled. I stood on my place, my face still hot from what he did awhile ago. He could just have called me out, he doesn't need to play a joke on me like that.

"Lay, let's go?" Alexander called out as he held out his hand like a true gentlemen would but I just went and sweep pass through him with a snort.

I heard him chuckle from behind my back which made me stomp my foot as I walked down the hallway. Alexander ran up to me and we walked side by side until we reached the grand staircase of the house. It was a twin staircase leading to the opposite direction. The room was so spacious that it could held a thousand people in a party.

We walked down the stairs leading to the left and Alexander opened the huge oak door and it revealed the huge dining room. The long table could accommodate thirty persons. Three magnificient glass chandeliers hang on the ceiling elegantly as floor to ceiling windows covered the exterior walls. The garden could be seen from the dining room which amazed me to no end.

"You do know how to spend your money in making your place like this." I stated as I sat down on one of the chair's surrounding the long table.

"Yeah. So much had changed in seven years. When I got home I couldn't even recognized my own home." Alexander solemnly stated as he leaned on the table. His chin resting on his palms.

I frowned. He is the owner of this house yet he didn't recognized it? How come? He went overseas for like a year and a half and he couldn't even remember how his own home looked.

"Wait. I'm confused. What do you me--"

"Oh! The food is here!" Alexander exclaimed which made me halt.

A maid served our food on the table and when I saw what it was, the question that I was about to ask again flew out of my mind as I quickly picked up my fork and ate silently.

When we finished our meal, Alexander took me to see the garden. The garden was filled with different flowers that it made my eyes sparkle in delight. Even though I am a man, I have always been fond of flowers.

"Wow, where did you get all these bunch of flowers?" I asked as I squatted down on the ground staring at the colorful flowers.

Alexander held a green watering can on his hand as he waters the plants with a smile.

"Well, my wife loves flowers. So I would order a bunch of seedlings just for him to plant." He stated with a smile. "But out of all the flowers here, these are his favorites."

Alexander leaned down and picked out a red rose with his small knife, removed the thorns around it and squatted down facing me. I also stared at him as he cleaned it then he looked at me.

He brushed the strands of hair on my ear before placing the rose on it. With a big smile, he looked at me dearly.

"The red rose really suits my wife."

My eyes widen seeing how happy Alexander is. His smile was pure and not fake. His composure looked so calm and relaxed as he smiled.

And even though it sounded cheezy, I think my world just suddenly went to a slow motion. I could feel the soft breeze on the air as the sunlight cascaded down Alexander's smiling face making him look like an angel. The sound of the nature rustling was so comforting as my eyes never strayed away from his.

I could hear the soft thump of my heart as I slowly reached out my hand to touch his face. I saw how his eyes widened as I neared him. Without haste, I managed to pushed him to the ground, sending both of us on the brick pathway. He was lying underneath me as we held a staring contest. My hand was still on his cheek and without any word...

I descended down and kissed him without any thought.