Special Chapter

CALEB:
THE NAUGHTY AND TROUBLESOME KID.

'Claaaaaang!

Crack!

Clutter...'

"Daaaaad!"

"Yes Caleb?" Lay asked while cleaning the laundry machine.

"Um. If I do something bad, will you punish me?" Caleb asked while fidgeting.

"Hm... depends on how heavy your mistake is."

"Then if I broke a plate?"

"We can just replace it."

"Uh... if I break a light bulb?"

Lay finally look up from his position, bewildered by the questions his seven year old son was spatting at him. "What do you mean?"

"J-Just answer it dad..."

"Then we can still replace it if its just the light bulb." Lay answered but his face was contorted into questioning frown. Now he was curious at what this son of his did.

"What if I broke the bigger light bulb?"

"Then we can still... wait! What did you do?"

Caleb flinched. "N-Nothing!" Then run out.

This time, Lay felt his heart beating so fast that he quickly stood up from his position and went to the living room.

When he saw what happened, he felt like performing a heart surgery on his own right where he stood. His heart was bleeding from the scene.

The chandelier that was now on the floor broken into pieces was totally heart breaking. The glass coffee table didn't even survived since the chandelier fell right into it creating a mess of broken glass on the floor. A laundry pole and one of the red stool were also thrown into the mess.

'That chandelier was the very first thing that I had purchased with the salary that I have been saving while I was still working as a butler! Because I thought that the chandeliers way back in the Miers household were so beautiful that I wanted to buy one! Now, its all gone in a blink of an eye! I didn't even manage to look at it before it could waste away....!!!'

Lay crumbled down on his knees with tears on his eyes. "What did you do Caleb?"

"I was playing with my ball when it got stuck on the chandelier. So I went and took a stool and borrowed the laundry pole to get it from there. But the thing just fell down on its own."

'Fell down on its own?! Can you just give my chandelier a proper justice for what you have done to it?' Lay stayed kneeling on the floor while crying to his wits end over a broken ornament.

--

Caleb went to open the door when their doorbell rung. When he opened the door, he saw his Uncle Diam standing outside.

"Uncle! This isn't the good time to visit. Come... let's go outside."

Diam stood startled. "What? What happened?!"

Caleb pushed his uncle into the elevator. "I will tell you once we reached the park."

Caleb and Diam sat on a random bench on the park just a few meters from the apartment complex while eating ice cream.

"So what happened?"

"Dad is mourning for the lost of his beloved..."

It was like thunder had struck Diam's skull that made him choke on his ice cream. 'Has Alexander suffered a fatal blow and finally rest in peace?!'

"What do you mean Caleb?"

"Dad is crying because I broke his precious chandelier." Caleb sadly stated.

When Diam heard those words he couldn't help but to get gloomy. 'I waisted my worries on some broken pieces of glass ornaments. Sigh...'

"Well! You can hang out with me for the mean time. Let your dad have some space for awhile."

After a few days, Lay bought another chandelier but was again torn down from the ceiling when Caleb thought it was so shiny and sparkling that he wanted to take a closer look.

----

'Crack!!'

"Daaaaaad!!"

"Stop it Caleb. Its sunday so its good to wake up later." Lay whined as Caleb shook him awake.

"If the apartment burn down to ashes, would you rather sleep there like a log?"

'Burn?' Lay pop one eye open and looked at his son. "What do you mean?"

"The microwave is on fire!"

"What?!" Lay quickly scrambled out of bed and that's when the smell of something burning hit his nose. "Shit!"

"Quickly! Get the fire extinguisher." Lay shouted.

"Umm... what's that?"

Lay's eyes almost mercilessly popped out from his own sockets. "Oh my god! What has been your teacher teaching you that you don't even knew what a fire extinguisher is?!"

Lay hastily ran to the storage room and pulled out the fire extinguisher and quickly put out the fire. The microwave had turned out to be nothing but a pile of black object once the fire has been extinguished. Lay let out a tired sigh as he look at his son.

"This is your fifth time destroying our microwave. If you burn the sixth one I will sold you to the black market to get a new one."

---

'Poke... poke...'

"Dad..."

"Mm... Caleb its sunday. Let dad sleep a little bit."

"But I want to drink a warm milk."

"Go warm your own. Dad is still sleepy."

"But if I touch and burn the sixth one you'll sold me to the black market to buy a new one."

Like lightning, Lay's two eyes quickly shot open in disbelief.

"You can have it later. Go back to sleep its still five in the morning."

"...."

"..."

"Daaaaad..."

"Later Caleb."

"Why don't you get a man yourself. So whenever I want milk, instead of pestering you I can annoy dad number two to get me milk. How about that?"

"..."

Without a word. Lay got off the bed and headed to the kitchen to make Caleb's requested drink. Caleb gave a smirk and followed his dad into the kitchen.

"Hehe."