Chapter Forty-Two

"H-Hello? Stephen?" I asked in front of my phone. I woke up with my ringing phone inside my jeans. Sebastian's not beside me, but I'm still laying on his bed on a proper position.

"Jane? Thank goodness! You finally picked up! I called you many times but you didn't answer. What are you doing anyway?"

"O-Oh, I just woke up. I'm sorry."

"Nah, it's fine. By the way, I just received an email from your school. I will forward it later to you."

"What does it said? Is it.. Is it bad?"

"Not really. They just declared when will be the continuation of classes. Do you still want to finish school there? You know I can transfer you to another school if you want to."

"N-No. I'm staying until I graduate."

"Okay, then. I'm going now. Take care yourself, okay? Just text me if you need something. Okay? Goodbye, Jane and I love you."

Then he ended the call. I sighed and put my phone down on the bed. I glanced at the balcony and saw that the sky is now pitch black. It was already evening. I stood up and went downstairs.

All of them are staring at me as I got down from the stairs. "W-What's wrong?" I asked and froze at my place. "Have you received the school's email?" Destiny asked while holding her laptop. I shook my head and walk towards her. My phone suddenly vibrates and an email was forwarded to me. It was the email they are talking about.

Subject: School Updates and Changes.

      Good day, Students/Parents/Guardians,

     We like to remind everyone that on December 1, Wednesday, will be the official opening of Redwoods Academy. Buildings are well secured, as well as the surrounding forest. We are now going to experience peace and non-violent environment.

      Redwoods are welcoming you back, Students. Hope to see you excel once again.

From: penelope.benedict@gmail.com

I sighed and face everyone. Sebastian is still my concern after all.

"How about Sebastian? We can't just leave him be with himself. And.. and his chemotherapy will held on February–"

"Jane, it's fine. I can manage." Sebastian said and we all look at him. He seems serious but there's a small smile formed on his face. He's on a good mood.

"We're going to help each other and besides, Sebastian is going to stay in the hospital every now and then. He's going to have a serious medical attention there and they're going to take care of him properly." Peters said

I sighed and excused myself to go to the beach. I can't take it. It's like suffocating me. As I got to the shore, I sat there and stare at the darkness in front of me. It was lovely even though it's dark. I felt someone sat beside me but I didn't glance to look who it is. But I know it's Sebastian. He grab my hand and intertwined his fingers on mine. I glanced at him and flash a pale smile. He looked at me, worried.

"When I told you that I'm fine, it means I'm totally fine. I don't want to see you freaking out." He said and rest his head on my shoulder

"But Sebastian, that doesn't mean you need to lie just to make me calm." I said

"I'm fine. Don't worry. This freaking disease will leave my body soon." he said and held my hand tighter, "...Then I'll grow old with you. I'll marry you, then we're going to have little Sebastian and little Mary Jane runnin' around our humble home." he said and his face lits up. I smiled, I like his idea, and of course, that is also my dream. I wanna grow old with this asshole. I wanna live life with him to the fullest. Even though some will be against.

"You're going to grow old with me, right?" he asked and stare at me like a kid that wants a lollipop. I smiled and look at his eyes, "Of course. I want to grow old with you." I said and so I realize that our faces are up this close to each other.

Sebastian is slowly getting near me, going for a kiss. I swallowed the lump in my throat and closed my eyes as my lips touched with his. He went slow, to moderate. It was my very first kiss. He pulled away and I opened my eyes as I looked at his glowing face. He grab my hands and gently kissed it and he glanced at me.

"I'm going to live for you."