Chapter Thirty-Seven

I can't hide it anymore. The longer I hide, the deeper I fall. But I know it won't be one-sided. This time, I'm sure of it. I love him. I want to take care of him. I want to change him.

After letting everyone know that we're now together, they decided to have a dinner at the beach to celebrate and just have fun. I'm gonna cherish every moment with them.

"Many things happened but still end up being together. Tsk. Tsk." Beatrice said and I chuckled

"Hey, Sebastian. Don't hurt Jane. If you lay-"

"I won't. I promise." Sebastian cut Peter off and that made him nod.

"Well, we all hope for the best for the both of you. For the future!" Destiny said and raise her wine. It was the best indeed.

-

After the party, I stayed at the shore. The thought of Stephen is starting to bother me.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

I glanced beside me and saw Peter. I smiled as he sat beside me at the sand. "N-Nothing." I said and stare at the sea in front of us.

"Well, I'm happy that you finally confess to that asshole. Things will get better soon."

I nod and let out a huge sigh. I rest my head on my arms and closed my eyes.

"I also want to confess but, I know this is not the right time."

I raised my head and looked at him, "I like Beatrice but it seems impossible to have her..." he sighed and looked at me with those desperate eyes. I'm also wondering about the two of them back then.

"What do you mean by impossible?"

"It's a very very long story."

"Tell me." I said and he look at the sea and took a deep breath

"Beatrice and I went to the same school. She treats me like a boss because her father is a Chief and he's risking his life for my family. She said she wants to be like her Dad, brave, strong and ready to risk everything. Even though she treats me higher then her, I never looked at her so down. I confessed to her and she also feel the same way then we started dating..."

"It seems perfect to-"

"I'm not done yet. We're celebrating our fifth month with some of my relatives, including Sebastian. He also brought someone to our little party, well, he always bring different girls back then. We all got drunk, except Beatrice because she never drink alcohol. All she did that night was taking care of the student council. She'll go out, then be back again just to check on me. I was sad and also drunk. The girl Sebastian brought start to make out with me. I... I was aware that we're making out but I immediately pushed her away, but it's too late."

"She saw you..."

"Yeah... She's so mad at me that night. I was drunk but I can still hold myself. I was also mad because she's prioritizing the student council instead. So... I broke up."

"What? You're the one who broke up?!"

"Yeah. I regret it after having a hang over. She seems different now, braver, stronger, and she got more mature. Right now, I don't know if there's a chance. I know I hurt her so much and it seems impossible to have her now."

I stare at him and think. Maybe there is still a chance and Beatrice seem okay when Peter is around. "Show her that you still care for her. Make her feel love. If you want it, don't give up on it." I said and he glanced at me, "Y-Yeah, I will."

-

After having some deep conversation with Peter, we decided to call it a day and headed to our own rooms. It's a bit tiring after all.

As I opened the room, I saw Sebastian laying flatly on my bed. I sigh and closed the door then walked towards him. "Why are you here?" I asked and looked at his face. His eyes are closed but he suddenly opened it, "O-Oh, s-sorry. I was waiting for you. Didn't notice that I fell asleep.." he said then sat up, still looking at me.

"It's okay, Sebastian. Go back to sleep." I said and start to arrange my clothes at my bag

"I saw you with Peter earlier at the beach. Both of you seem serious. Is there something wrong?"

"N-Nothing. He's just telling a story about his life."

"Hey, Jane." he said and I glanced at him, "Come here." he added, I stood up and walked towards him. As I got in front of him, he quickly grab my wrist and pull me over to him. He quickly hugged me from behind and slowly lay me down the bed, still embracing my thin, weak body. I feel warm as I feel Sebastian's breath on my neck. I lay there frozen, don't know what to freaking do.

"I.. I don't want to lose you." he whispered and it gave me chills. I smiled and slowly hugged him back, "I don't want to lose you, too." I whispered and he suddenly looked at me, "I will never going to leave you. Ever."