Chapter Ten

Everything was completely dark as the rotational black out occur last night. It was scary since I'm only alone in this room. I've waited for the sun to rise, another day of my horrible life. It's Saturday and I've planned to have a quick review on my lessons since I've skipped almost all of my classes this week.

I was laying down my bed when I glanced at Diane's bed and a thought lingered.

Does everyone knows what's happening?

They seem not to care at all, or they do not know. Beatrice knew about it and she's not on her normal mental state. I forced my body to stood up and have a walk on the campus grounds, perhaps borrow a book inside the library would be a great spend of my time. I grabbed my keys and went out of my room.

I was walking on the hallway when I saw girls murmuring around, whispering something I can barely understand. I saw that they suddenly noticed me as I passed them by.

"She's the one why Sebastian and Diane broke up."

"I heard that she's the one why Diane was dropped out."

"How shameful it is."

I foze when I heard what they've said. Am I really the reason why?

"Well, good thing Sebastian's free again."

I continue to walk, not looking back at them. My chest is so heavy. I can't breath normally. I let out a sigh as I got out of the building. I look up at the clouds and saw how the sky covered with grey. It's about to rain, but it's like eight in the morning. "Jane! Thank goodness! Mrs. Benedict is looking for you." Beatrice said, panting as she got towards me. I remembered the detention hours Mrs.  Benedict, our principal, told us yesterday. Gee. This day was already planned out.

-

I walked inside the office with a strong beating of my heart. I saw Mrs. Benedict staring at me. I then glanced at the person sitting, handcuffed on the chair whilst trying to break it, it's none other than Sebastian. Do they really have to handcuff him? "Thank you, Beatrice. You may now go" she said and let Beatrice walk outside. She's probably waiting outside the door again. "Please sit, Ms. Lawrence" she said and I sat at the opposite of Sebastian. I looked at him.

He's already sweating, his hands are starting to bleed and he's aggresively want to get away from it.

"Don't mind him. He should learn from his mistakes" Mrs. Benedict said and I glanced at her. "Okay then. Since you broke the forty-eightth rule in the handbook, I'll put you both in cleaning." she added and look at Sebastian

"Y-Yes, Ma'am" I responded

"I'm sorry, Ms. Lawrence for having your first week here a bit tough but you know, students have to learn from their mistakes for them to be able to grow." she said

"I understand Ma'am"

-

How can we possibly grow at a state like this?

"Stop moving!" He yelled and I immediately stopped. I might hurt his wounds.

Sebastian and I are handcuffed together, worst is we're cleaning the boy's bathroom in the gym. He's sitting while I'm mopping the floor. Everytime I move, I'm scared that he might yell at me and end my life here. I can see how his blood starting to splatter on the flooring whilst I keep on mopping and mopping. How hopeless.

"Come on, I have a plan" he said, out of no where and I jolted from it. Is he inviting me?? "W-What?" I asked, "Are you deaf? I said– ugh nevermind. I'll just go." He was about to walk away when he realized that we're in handcuffs, "Damn it. I have no choice but to take you."

It was night time, and rain is starting to pour down the earth.