Chapter Twenty-Four

9:35 PM

It's almost curfew but we're still on the road, somewhere that isn't familiar to me. It's really really dark and it's creeping me out. Sebastian here seems to be calmed down now, unlike earlier back at that Mansion. "Do you want to go at your house?" he said, breaking the silence. I glanced at him, "I-I really don't want to go, even at the first place." I said and glanced back at the window I've been staring the whole day.

It went quiet again, until Sebastian's phone rang. I glanced at him and he answered the call, he even turned the volume up and put on to loudspeaker.

"Sebastian?" It's Mrs. Benedict.

"What?" he said and put it down at the space between us

"Where are you? It's already curfew! I said I don't want any trouble, young man-"

"We're not in trouble. We're already heading into the woods. We just visited Adriana." he said calmly, and I'm really surprised because when he always interact with Mrs. Benedict his response is sometimes a yell or an unpleasant thing to say, but right now, it's a bit different.

"How is she by the way? Jeric and your cousins? How are they?"

"They're fine. Everybody's fine."

"That's great. S-Sebastian, I just want to say sorry about-"

"Signal's poor, bye."

Then he immediately ended the call without letting Mrs. Benedict finish her apology.

"W-What was that for?" I asked

"None of your business."

I sighed and looked at him. He looks calm, and gentle even at this side view. His pointy nose, his dark, bushy eyebrows, long lashes, his stunning jawline, and his pulpy lips. Behind this masterpiece is a monster that everyone despise about. Self-centered jerk. But I don't know why I have this strange feelings to him. It's so strange that I don't know what is it called.

Sebastian's POV.

Through this day, Jane is acting really peculiar. I've known her for being a weak, stupid lady but she's something today. She's starting to talk-back, and she met my f*cking cousin- who, I know, is a chick magnet, besides of me, Peter. Everything is alarming.

"Stop looking at me" I said

She arrange the way she sit and again, glanced back at the window. I still feel bad hurting her, and why am I feeling guilty?! For pete's sake!

-

Finally, we got inside the campus. It's quiet, as usual 'cause it's night time. The guards spread out through the whole place. I parked my baby Benz at the parking lot. I glanced at Jane and she's about to go out but then I grabbed her wrist tightly that made her stopped and glanced at me. She looks really tired when all we did is sit in this car, but she really looks exhausting, is it because of me?

"...T-Thank you"

She froze. I can feel it. She's shocked from what I've said. How great. "..I-It's f-fine.. Y-You're welcome." she stuttered and I let go of her wrist, "..See you tomorrow" she just nod as a response and got out of the car. What the hell am I saying?!