Chapter Twenty-Six

Sebastian's POV.

I was walking at the hallway and about to attend one of my subjects when I saw Jane, looking miserable pulling herself from the chair.

She's really stuck. "You're such a stupid girl letting morons bully you. You're so weak-"

"I KNOW! OKAY? GO AWAY IF YOUR ONLY PURPOSE IS TO HURT MY FEELINGS! JUST GO!"

I froze. As if someone stabbed my heart many times. Her words made a strong impact to me. What is this feeling? Guilt?

I stood up from my squat position and face her. She's crying. And it really made me feel bad about her. Did I really hurt her feelings? How? I'm not even aware! I just watch her pulling her body until she finally got out. She's still crying while leaving the class. Left me, unexplained.

-

I stayed inside my dorm room during lunch time.

Did I just pushed Jane that much? Am I really that unaware about her? Damn it! Why is it like this?! What's up with her?! Like I hurt everyone, physically and even emotionally but Jane! Why am I like this when it comes with her? She's not even that special... Or is she?

"Dude. You look stupid staring at that ceiling."

I heard that annoying voice and it made me more pissed. I sat up and glanced at Drake, my not-brother. "Why you're here?" I asked and grab a stick of cigarette on my drawer and lit it up. "Just going to take a little rest." He said and lay flatly at his bed. I kicked out Harris from this school and now I have this not-brother of mine sharing this stupid room with him. F*ck.

I stood up and went at the balcony. I gaze at the grounds, and as a usual school day, students spread out everywhere.

Damn it. The thought about Jane really makes me feel down. It shouldn't be that big deal! Why do I feel messed up about it?! "F*ck this shit!" I cussed and blew smoke.

She really reminds me of my Mom. Back when I really pushed her patience and got mad, but at the end of the day, she's the one who's always apologizing instead of me. Well, I'm still a kid back then. I don't know nothing but trouble. Until now. I guess, and I know that I should say sorry, but who should really feel sorry are the people behind it. The one who put super-glue on Jane's chair. Yeah, I know, a little bit childish, and it's really funny, but Jane had enough. I had enough too. I want to make it up for her.

-

"Flowers? For what? Are you going to attend one of our schoolmate's funeral?"

"No, idiot." I spat back and got out from our dorm room. After my last subject earlier, I ordered a bouquet of flowers freshly picked from Italy. I know, expensive, but worth it. I asked Beatrice for Jane's schedule at the office. "What's going on with you and Mary Jane?" she asked whilst checking some pages, still looking for Jane's name, "Nothing. Just keep on looking." I said, starting to be impatient. "Gee.. Oh! Here it is..."

But unfortunately, she's absent.

After pin pointing Jane anywhere, finally, I saw her inside the clinic. How great. I stood infront of Jane's weak, resting body. "W-What happened to her?" I asked and examine her body, from head to feet. "She just collapsed earlier, luckily this new student caught her and immediately brought her here." the nurse said, "New student? After many incidents, students still want to study here?" I said and grab a chair to sit right next to her bed. "I know. But, I guess it's because of the quality of our teaching and another guess, is that everyone wants to beat your high academic ranking. Well, Redwoods is still a prestigious school after all and it is because of you, Mr. Marquez." she said. Well, that's what they always say. Everyone wants to beat my high ranking in academics. What a shallow reason. But after all these bad habits, I know I always do good things. But not that balance.

"Who's the new student?"

"I can't remember, but all he said is Peter."