Chapter Thirty-Five

"I'm not going to allow Jane to come with you when that Sebastian is there."

How did Stephen know that I'm exactly here?! I stood up and face him.

"Pardon, cousin of Jane but Sebastian is not with us. We left him back at the town because he's taking care of something."

My chest suddenly tightens. He's taking care of something? Is he suffering again? Shit. I just remembered that he's sick.

"Okay then. I'll let you go, Jane. I'm not going to worry because you have your phone."

"S-Stephen are you sure you want me to come?"

"Of course. Since I'm having a hectic schedule this week, I may not be able to hang out with you. I want you to be happy as much as possible. So go on and have some fun."

"T-Thank you!"

I hugged him tight and pulled away.

"You girls should be careful, okay?"

-

After getting all of my things inside our Hotel room, we headed to a gasoline station where we will meet the others. Destiny said that they can't come to the city so changed meeting station.

"Why you're not with them so that there will be less problem?"

"I separated from them to lead the way since their driver was new and I can't let my driver drive them so I decided the most stupid idea. I think they're lost because my car was leading the way and they are going to a wrong track."

I hummed as a response and stare at the highway in front of us. It was like minutes ago when I was back at the city and now I'm no where. I kinda like it. This freedom I am experiencing. I'm going to spend my time with my friends. But... I want to know how's Sebastian doing...

"Did you know that Sebastian is getting worse day by day?"

I jolted and glanced at her. What did she mean by that?

"Do you remember what I said earlier? That Sebastian is taking care of something? He came back to his Dad and made another ridiculous act."

"L-Like what?"

"Well, he went home to their Mansion drunk and high. Dad was sooo mad at him so he beat him up. I can't help him, no one can help him to his situation right now. Dad is only waiting for him to die. Which suck."

My chest suddenly tightens and my sight is slowly getting blur. Die? How can his Dad let this happen to him?

"Did you a-atleast tried to–"

"Yeah. We did. After Dad beating him up, we rushed him to the hospital but discharged him immediately because Dad don't want him to heal. He want him to suffer badly. I can't watch Sebastian die, Jane. It hurts to see him helpless."

I stood there in silence. My mind was full of guilt and self-hatred. I want to help him. But how?

"Oh, look! Here they are!"

I jolted and shake the thought of him a bit. I come with them to be somehow happy. But how can I be happy when the love of my life is not with me? How can I be happy when the source of my happiness is...

"Glad to see you... Jane."