Chapter Eighteen

Mary Jane's POV.

I woke up at the balcony, with blanket and pillows around me. I glanced inside our room and Destiny's not there. Damn. What did I do last night?

It's not raining anymore, but it's a bit cloudy, with little sun beams peeking at those clouds. I got up and grab these things then went inside to take shower and at least pretend that I'm okay.

After taking a relaxing shower, I put on my pink boucle knit sweater, skinny jeans and my sneakers. I brushed my dark hair with my hands and put it all there and here, and I'm done. No bruises, no cuts, just me.

-

I skipped breakfast because I don't feel like eating anything today. I can't find Destiny, so I decided to have little moment in the garden.

As I sat at a bench near a tree, I remembered what I've witnessed weeks ago. Where's Harris anyway? I've never heard something about him since then. I feel really strange once I got here. Murders, these strangers who touched my life, this guy I've known for a week or so, draw my life in every danger he 'causes, and yet, I still cover him up and now my aunt died, and I don't know what to do with my life now, escape I guess.

I let out a frustrating sigh and I heard someone's walking, getting near at my area. I froze as I saw him once again, "She wants to talk to you." Sebastian said. I don't know what to say, but I just followed him. No more shaking out of fear, not more cowardice. Then now we got inside Mrs. Benedict's office.

"Why are you here?" she said as she saw us entering her office. I froze and I glanced at Sebastian, a bit confused.

"H-He said that y-you called m-"

"She's asking if I can escort her outside this campus. She needs to buy new clothes and inhale some air. I need some, too." he blurted out and I was shocked from what he said. I glanced at Mrs. Benedict who is now looking suspicious at me, "Is that true, Ms. Lawrence? Well, since classes are cancelled today I can let students go but be back before the curfew." she said and I can't say no, this guy might punch me when I don't show any cooperation from his 'sudden' plans, "Y-Yes, Ma'am. And, I p-promise that we'll be back soon." I said and Sebastian grab my wrist and about to get out from the place but then Mrs. Benedict called my name, "Jane." he stopped and we both glanced at her, "I'll go door to door to your fellow schoolmate who passed away, including your house, are you going home later?" I froze. I just realized Sebastian's just right over there. But he's still going to find it anyway, but not this soon!

"I don't know, Ma'am, but i-if ever, I'll let you know.." I said and sigh, I suddenly felt Sebastian's grip loosen, "Okay then, be safe, okay? Sebastian look after her and I don't want any crime today, okay? I have enough of it." she said and let out a frustrating sigh, then we got out from the office. A guy suddenly got near us and look at Sebastian, "Are you going at the wearhouse-" he suddenly punched the gut of the guy that made my eyes widened and froze at my place, "Don't you discuss anything about that piece of shit. Get lost!" He yell and opened continue dragging me at the campus' parking lot.

I saw the Campus' own vehicles which is a black van, tons of black van but what caught my attention is the Matte Black Mercedes ATM GTS. I froze there as Sebastian let go of his grip and got inside the elegant beast. "What the hell are you doing there? First time seeing a practice car? Get in!" he yelled. That made me more amazed as he only sees that thing a practice car. What the hell. I walk slowly as I adore the design and how elegant the color is and it's Mercedes! A 'practice car'! I got inside and it is a dream! "Quit it. You look stupid looking at this car." he said and started the engine which really really awed me. The sound of the sooth engine is really satisfying.

But I suddenly got back in reality when I saw Sebastian with me.

"...When did you came back?" I asked and he glanced at me, "You noticed? Wow, I thought I'm invisible to you." he said sarcastically and I just rolled my eyes, "I got back earlier this morning. Aren't you happy about it?" he said and so I just noticed that we're already far away from the campus. Damn this car is fast. "I... I am but why are you doing this? and where are we going???..."