Phase 5, part 2

I'm derermined

I'm derermined. My next Skirmish is going to be victorious for me.

I want to win the first fight and make it to the Top 12. Maybe even Top 6. When only three Champions are left, three fights, which are held the next day, are fought where every Champion is fighting their two opponents. The number of victories decides the final round where two Champions fight for the final victory.

My narrow loss motivates me to work much harder, if it's even possible. When I don't train, I watch the recordings of past Neoclash fights on the internet. They, especially the professional fights, contain numerous inventive tactics and finesses. I observe them closely, learning from them.

There are Champions with almost identical fighting style as I have, like Scarlet Sparrow. I learn about all possible benefits and disadvantages of artificial legs. And when I see a Champion with a different fighting style, I observe how are they defeated. What it takes to find and attack their weaknesses.

It's not a rule that the bigger and stronger Champion always wins. If the smaller Champion is witty and determined enough, they can find a gap in the opponent's steel defense and fight equally. Even outsiders can pull glorious victories.

I just finished a video titled Top 10 Neoclash Fights with Shocking Results. It's about five years old, but it doesn't really matter. Actually, it's probably the most interesting one I've seen so far. The number one on this list is the first major victory of Nightingale, the current Champion of Champions.

"Valentina, more known as Nightingale, was a nobody until the Paris Challenge, a Second-league tournamment in the year 125," the lady narrating the video says. "She was slowly climbing to the top, everyone thought she won her fights in the championship with sheer luck. She started to invoke emotions when she, quietly, made it to the final round where she had to fight the current Champion of Champions, Okeanos."

The video shows Nightingale's opponent, Okeanos. It is a tall, lean and muscular man with blue, wave-shaped tattoos all over his exposed torso, yellow hair cut into a "mohawk" hairstyle to resemble a fin, surgically implemented gills on his neck and teeth sharpened into shark-like spikes.

Nightingale looks tiny and fragile next to him, especially when considering Okeanos' huge artifical claws replacing his hands. Before the fight, he gives Nightingale a predatory smile. The woman smiles back, looking confident in her lingerie-like outfit and a decorative black half-mask.

"Everyone expected this will be an easy fight for Okeanos. The odds for Nightingale's victory were all-time low. But yet, Nightingale managed to pull probably the most shocking victory in the history of Neoclash."

At the beginning, Okeanos is fierce. He's fast and slick, yet strong at the same time. Even without artifical legs, he can run at great speed and jump several meters into the air. However, Nightingale is just as agile and evades Okeanos' attacks with grace.