Phase 9: The Touch of Defeat, part 1

A sexual intercourse between a Castaway and a Helathy is permitted if both partners are over 18 years old and consent with the act. A sexual act without consent is always treated as rape, no matter who the offender was, and will be treated and punished as such.

The Law of the Castaways, abridged

Paris Challenge, three weeks after my unfortunate reunion with Isaiah

The Berlin Challenge ended for me shortly after Sotiris defeated Isaiah in a fight. Even though he was gone, I couldn't focus on my fights and I lost my very next fight. The main prize went to Comette, the female Champion who took the second place in the last Neoclash Showdown, who defeated Sotiris in the final round.

I can enjoy this tournament to the fullest. Before I arrived to Paris and registered for the tournament, I was afraid. Afraid that Isaiah will be there. I already managed to deal with the situation and calm down for a bit, especially by participating in several Third-leagues where I regained my confidence, but still, I don't want to see him yet. I'd be able to face him again, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

However, Isaiah decided not to participate in this tournament. Maybe he's also insecure about meeting me, as insecure as I am. The reunion deeply affected us both and maybe he also needs time to recover. I have no idea what's happening inside of his damaged mind.

Instead, I'm surrounded by friends. We sit on the contestant terraces. On my right, there's Svetlana accompanied by Jensen and Sajid. Needless to say, Ryan wasn't really excited when he saw them. For a reason. Svetlana and Jensen started to mock him as soon as they saw him.

Too bad, Ryan, you're too easy target. If you didn't react so grumpily to everything they say to you, they'd get bored of it after a while.

To my left, I see Sotiris and Katerina. And also Helena. After intense pleas and begging, Katerina's parents allowed Helena to travel to Paris where she can see Sotiris fighting. Some people claim that Neoclash isn't suitable for children because it's basically all about violence and many leagues of moralists want to ban children under fifteen to attend the matches, but they've been unsuccessful so far.

Helena, despite her young age, is a true Neoclash fan. She's wearing a dark blue T-shirt with Neoclash symbol on it (claiming she's waiting for Sotiris to get his own merchandise) and loudly cheers for Champions she likes. She looks much better than she did when I saw her for the last time, looking almost like a healthy person.

Almost. She's scrawny, with dark circles under her eyes. She almost reminds me of me before my transformation. When the younger sister wasn't listening, Katerina told me about Helena's treatment. They are a harsh test for her body. The medication causes her pain and makes her vomit frequently, leaving her completely exhausted. However, the treatment is still less harmful than chemical-based ones used before the Impact.