Phase 6: Stepping Up the Game, part 1

"An owner is obligated to give their Champion a fair share of the prize money if the Champion is successful at Neoclash."

The Law of the Castaways, abridged

My Neoclash life finally started when I won my first Skirmish

My first performance in the Third-league tournamment ended in a fiasco, so I decided to gain some more experiences in Skirmishes. Before the winter was over, I managed to win about seven more - with the prize money, we can afford to travel into other cities where Skirmishes are held, so I could participate in more beginner tournamments, gain experience and win some more money.

Even though Ryan could choose to save the money, he had different plans. He cleared out a room in our house which served no actual purpose and was, according to his own words, pretty much redundant. We painted the walls white, laid a carpet and bought some furniture - a wardrobe, a table, a bookshelf and, most importantly, a bed. Yes, the room is for me. So I'll finally have my own room where I can sleep and relax.

At the first glance, the room looked so-so, more like a warehouse. But as we worked on it together, it turned into a lovely little room with a window offering an outlook at my garden and, of course, with numerous flowers in pots I can take care of. I've never felt so home.

Finally, thanks to my effort, I don't have to sleep on a couch anymore.

With the remaining money, I could also buy my own pentop. I finally have my own device where I can upload my own music, play games (Ryan considers them "a waste of time", but they help me unwind), follow Neoclash networks and even keep a diary.

I am so glad I didn't give up after my first defeat.

Also, I found my new favorite thing in this new world. Christmas. The trees, colorful lights, its story and fairytales, the omnipresent atmosphere of peace and friendship. I celebrated Christmas with both Ryan and Odin and his group. We had a great fun singing carols, with Odin's mighty voice drowning out all of us. When I came home, Ryan already finished a great feast. His stuffed turkey was truly miraculous.

I was surprised that Ryan spent money on gifts for me - some new clothes, this time more expensive, and also books. I discovered the joy of reading shortly after my room was complete and it didn't take long for me to become captivated. Discovering adventures which never happened, but seem completely real to the person who reads about them. That's what I call magic.

A week later, I have the opportunity to watch the fireworks during the New Year's Eve. It also means the Neoclash season of 131 ended and the new one begins. Nightingale managed to retain the title of Champion of Champions by winning the European Neoclash Showdown roughly a month ago.

It was a truly splendid tournamment with millions of viewers. Only the best of the best could fight there and the fights were intense, also thanks to various arenas the Champions had to fight in. The final battle (it's estimated that about 85% of the Europe's inhabitans saw it) was between Nightingale and another female Champion, another female fighter nicknamed Comette.