The Ultimate Games: Day Four

Amy March's P.O.V:

'' You are burning up.'' I say as I press my hand against Casper's forehead.

Although he is sweating bucket loads by the minute, he insists on keeping his shirt on. I dab his forehead and cheeks with a small piece of cloth I ripped from my shirt. He thanks me with a slight nod of his head. 

'' Casper you have to take off the shirt. You're too hot.'' Orders Dakota and takes him by the arm to take off his shirt.

As she grabs his arm, he yells out in pain and pulls his arm back towards him.

'' I'm so sorry.'' Gasps Dakota in horror.

'' What happened to your arm?'' I question.

'' It's nothing.'' He replies weakly, I can tell he is lying. '' Show me your arm.''

He slowly pulls his shirt up his arm and both myself and Dakota wince at what we see. On his arm, are a set of teeth marks, the skin around them is a mix of black bruises and green pus. Even though it isn't running down his arm, the wound is caked in fresh blood. The area after the bite, lower down on his arm is a pale colour and looks weaker than his other hand. 

'' What happened?'' I question, horrified at the sight.

'' Yesterday.'' He begins. '' When we were fighting the zombies.'' 

'' Oh God.'' Gasps Dakota again, clamping her hand over her open mouth and pacing circles around the small clearing we are in.

'' Why didn't you say anything?'' I question angrily.

'' I didn't want to worry you.'' He replies and my anger subsides, partially.

'' If you had said something, then the Capitol might have sent in something to you. Look at it now.'' I reply.

'' I'm sorry.'' He says sadly.

'' How do you feel now?'' I ask, removing his shirt.

'' I'm changing.'' He replies simply.

'' What? What do you mean?'' I ask.

Behind me Dakota is still pacing with a worried look on her face, repeating the phrase '' Oh God'' again and again.

'' I think I am turning into one of them.'' He says looking scared.

'' Into one of what?'' I ask, then see his face. '' Into a zombie? Why?'' 

'' I want to kill you.'' He says and begins to sob.

'' What?'' Replies both me and Dakota together, both of us sounding shocked.

'' You too Dakota. I don't know what's happening. I want to drink your blood, eat your flesh. I am losing control of my both.''  He cries, tears running down his face. '' You have to kill me.''

'' What? No!'' I yell. 

'' I'm only a danger to both of you. Plus, it's hard enough to worry about yourselves in here.'' He argues.

Tears are now forming in my eyes, partially because I don't like what he is saying, partially because a part of me knows he's right.

'' He's right Amy.'' Says Dakota from behind me.

'' First though, can I ask for one last kiss?'' Says Casper, causing me to shriek out and begin to roar, tears flowing down my face now.

I lean in and kiss him, staying this way as long as I can to extend the time he has left. As I pull away, I stare into his eyes, bright blue, and he grins weakly at me through tears and hands me the dagger.