Interviews: District Eleven

Piper Papilon's P.O.V:

'' Hello and welcome back to the reapings. I am now pleased to introduce our six tributes from District Eleven, Fleur, Fern, Dakota, Precious, Robert and Trevor!'' I yell happily into the mic.

'' Tell me Fern. What was it like being reaped?'' I ask.

'' Horrific!'' She replies with a shout and my jump gains a few laughs form the crowd.

'' You didn't enjoy it did you? Those peacekeepers had to drag you up.'' I reiterate.

'' Yeah. They were very strong.'' She replies and there are a few giggles.

'' Well they have to be!'' I laugh. '' They're peacekeepers!''

'' Yeah." She giggles. '' I suppose.''

'' And you are just a small girl.'' I smile. '' Do you like the food here?''

'' Not really.'' She replies.

'' What? I think you are the only person to ever say that!'' I say in shock.

'' Really? Well, I prefer the food back home in Eleven. My grandma makes the best stew ever! I love it. It doesn't have loads of weird tasting things.'' She explains.

'' Wow. Well, I guess I learned that the District Eleven stew is nicer than the Capitol food. I'd like to try it some day.'' I smile. '' Next up is Fleur Cotton!''

'' Hello Piper.'' She smiles. '' Let me just say that although I think the Capitol food is delcious, I must agree with little Fern in saying our stew is delectably perfect.''

The crowd laughs a bit. '' Is that so?'' I smile.

'' Yes. I would kill for a bowl.'' She replies.

'' Well, considering the situation, you will have to because the only way to get back home is winning, and to win you must kill.'' I explain.

'' Well then I guess I am never gonna taste that stew again.'' She replies sadly.

'' Why not?''

'' Well, I don't think I can bring myself to killing innocents. Self defence I can understand, but not killing.'' She replies.

'' I see what you mean. I hope the arena treats you well.'' I smile. '' So, what is your preferred weapon?''

'' An axe.'' She replies.

'' That's-'' I begin.

'' Unusual? Yeah, I know.'' She grins.

'' I heard who you were teaming up with, that should be exciting.'' I smile.

'' Yes. Precious, David and Flint have teamed up with me. We all plan on getting to the Ultimate Games just for the record.'' She says seriously.

'' Good luck!'' I grin and move on to the next tribute. '' Trevor.''

'' Yes, hello Piper.'' He replies.

'' How are you?'' I ask.

'' OK, I guess. I've been better.'' He replies.

'' Enjoying the Capitol?'' I smile.

'' You mean my last few days? Yeah, it's been good. I really like the Capitol. It's so different to Eleven. You have no fields at all!'' He explains and the crowd laugh.

'' Yeah. We get whatever we need from the Districts. Your home supplies us with meat from the animals and leather from the cows.'' I explain.

'' Oh cool. You don't wear the same clothes either, you all look funny.'' He says and the crowd laugh again.