Allies for the Games

Precious Smith's P.O.V:

So it's the four of us 'til the end?'' I smile and my three newly found allies agree.

We are sitting at a small table on the train, facing eachother. On the table are four glasses of water in plastic cups, probably so we can't use them as weapons before the Games on eachother.

'' Do you have any skills? Weapons and so on?'' Asks Fleur.

'' I'm good in trees, fast and agilic. As you know Fleur, we spend a lot of time in trees back in Eleven.'' I smile and she returns the grin.

'' Same. I'm also pretty good with an axe.'' Replies Fleur.

'' Really?'' Asks David. '' Impressive!''

'' You wouldn't really think it from looknig at me, but I'm pretty strong. I once broke a peacekeeper's nose because he pinched my arse.'' She says and we all laugh.

'' I'm good with a sword.'' Says David.

'' I'm good with throwing knives.'' Says Flint, leaving me with no special weapon to brag about.

'' I suppose you can try lots of different weapons at training Precious, see what suits you best.'' Smiles Fleur encouragingly.

'' Yeah. I suppose.'' I say and take a sip from my drink.

Chance Lockarte's P.O.V:

I glance at the others around me, they all look extremelt nervous, except Iris, who doesn't seem t obe paying much attention at all.

'' Is anyone here good at fighting?'' I question to nobody in particular.

'' I'm pretty good with daggers.'' Says Rhiannon. '' But I don't know about actually using them to kill.''

'' Rhiannon, you know the drill. In the Hunger Games, it's kill or be killed.'' Explains Poppy.

'' I know that.'' He replies. '' But I don't think I could actually bring myself to killing someone, maybe if they attacked me first but I dunno. Like, I mean who is going to voluntarily kill Amy, that would be horrific.''

'' As terrible as it sounds, rather her than one of us.'' Says Bell and we nod in agreement.

'' I'm OK with throwing knives. My parent's were kinda physco on me for my whole life about having a weapon you're good at just in case you are picked for the Hunger Games. I guess it will pay off.'' Says Iris.

'' What about you Chance?'' Asks Bell.

'' I'm fast I guess and I'll have to try daggers to survive. What about you?'' I reply.

'' An axe.'' She responds immediately. '' I'm used to wielding picks back home in the mines, they've started sending in kids to work but I've always been intrigued by axes. I have the strength for them, so I'll just have to learn how to properly use them.

'' I'm not very good at anything.'' Says Robert. '' But I will try my best.''

Amy March's P.O.V:

It's obvious they are only teaming with me because they feel sorry for me, I know this because they turned down so many of the others that asked to ally with them. They are sort of like the normal District's version of careers so I'm glad I am with them, maybe I will live longer. With this sickness, I have always been ready for death, but murder is a different kettle of fish altogether.

'' Amy?'' Says Rikari, waving her hand in front of my face.

'' Sorry what?'' I say, jolting back to reality.

'' She said, are you able to use any weapons?'' Smiles Maverick.

'' Oh, before this sickness struck, I was good with a sword. I doubt I could even lift one now though.'' I say gloomily.

'' Maybe they will have some medication for you in the Capitol.'' Says Dakota hopefully, and I don't have the heart to tell her that the disease eating away at my bloodcells cannot be cured so I keep my mouth shut.

'' Maybe some painkillers or something to strenghten you for the arena.'' Suggests Rikari.

'' Yeah, maybe.'' I smile. '' What about you guys? Any weapons you're good at?''

'' I am pretty good with a sword too.'' Smiles Casper. '' Like yourself.''

'' I can hit anything with a set of throwing knives, I never miss.'' Adds Maverick.

'' Dakota. What about you?'' I ask.

'' I don't know. I will have to see in training.'' She replies.

Vinny Brown's P.O.V:

'' Well basically we just sprint into the cornucopia and grab what we can, there's strength in numbers so at least most of us can make it.'' Says Jack.

'' That's a rather unusual way to look at it. What makes you think any of us will die? Even though it is unlikely, the others could all be terrible fighters.''  Replies Wilbur.

'' Well that's a rather positive way of looking at it.'' Mocks Jack in a similar tone to Wilbur.

'' Stop it you two.'' I interject, before things get out of hand.

'' I had to be the pesimistic person but what makes you think any of us will survive? I mean, what's so special about us?'' Asks Rodrick.

'' Well, there is five of us.'' Says Russel. '' We stand a good chance.

'' Speaking of Chance, she's rather attractive, isn't she?'' Smiles Wilbur.

'' That is sick! You're fourteen and she is twelve, that's-'' Begins Jack.

'' Shut up! We need to discuss this more.'' I say and we all burst into arguement.

Florence Tempera's P.O.V:

I stare around at the other children around me, each will be great to kill, to slowly gut, to chop into pieces and to torture. They will beg for death, like so many have before. But nobody will ever suspect me, because I'm just a sweat twelve year old girl, and what could I be capable of? Chance will be the first to die, she looked at me at the reapings, she didn't say it, but I could tell she was laughing at me. Well I will laugh at her, in the Games. She will die slowly...first...and slowly.

'' May the odds be EVER in your favour.'' I mutter quietly to myself and grin around the train carriage, the sooner the Games start, the better.