Interviews ~ District Four

Nymphadora Nightlark's ( Capitol Interviewer ) P.O.V:

The crowd screams with glee as the six tributes from Four climb the steps to the stage and take a seat beside me. 

'' Hello tributes! How are you all? Having fun in the Capitol? It's a wonderful place full of wonderful people!'' I beam happily and the crowd cheers.

I press the thirty minute timer and turn to the tributes.

'' First question, I will start with the careers! Fergus, how does it feel to be representing District Four in such a pristine event like the Hunger Games?'' I question.

'' Malapropism.'' Says Oasis and goes silent as Fergus speaks up.

'' It is such an honour, I will bring home the gold for my District. Four will have another victor! Mark my words.'' He smiles happily and the crowd cheer.

'' How ambitious!'' I say and he smiles.

'' What about you Ben? How do you feel?'' I question.

'' What he said! We are like celebrities!'' He says. '' Everyone in the country and in District Four knows me as a hero.''

'' Ha!'' Laughs Oasis sarcastically.

'' You'll be the first to die.'' He whispers loud enough for me to hear.

'' Anyway Ben, are you two gonna stick together then?'' I ask.

'' Probably, maybe a few others.'' He replies.

'' How exciting! Can't wait to see that!'' I say and the crowd chants ' District Four.'

'' So, Oasis. Are you excited to be representing your District?'' I ask.

'' Of course! It's always been a dream of mine to slowly decay on live television while my loved ones sit by defencelessly and only hope my death is quick. What do you think?'' She screams angrily and Perrie grabs her arm and whispers in her ear. '' Sorry.''

'' Do you think you have a shot?'' I continue.

'' Well depends on the arena, I could get lucky and hopefully I want be completely alone.''

'' Good to hear!'' I say half heatedly and turn to Perrie. '' What about you, how are you coping with the whole experience?''

'' It's OK I guess, I've made some friends, hopefully I will have some time with them before they're all taken away from me, or I them. But I guess the pre-Games events aren't too bad. I might as well enjoy as I am reared for slaughter, we all die in the end, unfortunately some earlier than others.'' 

'' Testify girl!'' I shout happily and the crowd cheers. Then I turn to Clayton.

'' So Clayton, how have you been liking this experience?'' I ask.

'' Is that a joke? I hate Panem!'' He screams. '' Peacekeepers killed my parents and now I'm being forced to fight to the death! Down with Snow! Down with Snow!'' 

'' Shhhhh!'' I scream. '' They'll kill me.''

'' You deserve to die, every last one of you. Down with the Capitol and the reign of Snow!''

'' Guards!'' I yell and two peacekeepers drag Clayton off the stage. A third comes up and whispers into my ear. '' Clayton Chelli, under orders from President Snow, will be detained until the Games in a special cell. Now, moving on to Pod. No offence to you other but we have been receiving hundreds of questions for you.''

'' Me?'' He questions warily.

'' How did you lose your arm?'' I ask.

'' Boating accident. I was apparently one of the lucky ones!'' He says jokingly and the crowd giggle.

'' See any pretty ladies?'' I ask, trying to lighten the mood and I nod towards Perrie. '' She's pretty cute isn't she?''

He blushes then blows a kiss to her. She plays along and catches it in mid air and puts it in her pocket. The crowd go wild, wolf whistling, cheering, clapping and chanting their names.

'' Pod and Perrie! Pod and Perrie! Pod and Perrie!'' They chant.

'' Wow! You've really got them going.'' I say. 

R-I-N-G!

'' That's all we have time for today folks! Tune in next time for some gossip on how our tributes are getting on and how they are doing when they start training! Give it up, one last time for District Four!'' I scream.

I follow the tributes off stage as the audience chants to the lovers from Four. They turn left down the hall and I continue right, as Snow's guards instructed me to and knock on his door.

'' Enter.'' He says.

I gulp and slowly push the door open.

''  I warned you Nymphadora, but you just wouldn't listen.'' He said slowly so I took in every word.

'' But, it wasn't my fault, that stupid boy wouldn't shut up!'' I plead.

'' Well now I'm left to deal with that problem. That's just unfair.''

'' I will help. Please. One more chance.'' I beg, tears streaming from my eyes.

'' How though, that's the million pound question, how do we deal with him?'' He questions.

'' Torture him instead of him entering the arena! Teach him you're powerful.'' I say, hoping to convince him.

'' Interesting. But how do we slip that by the Districts, or the tributes?'' He retorts, hoping for me to stutter, hoping for an ecuse to kill me.

'' You can replace him with an avox, get the metal disk to explode before the gong, claim he tried to run! They won't know the difference.'' I say, relishing in what could be my saviour.

'' You know what, I will go with that!'' He says with a grin on his face.

'' Oh, thank god!'' I say too loud and turn to the door.

'' Where are you going?'' He asks as the door opens and peacekeepers shuffle in.

'' But, I, I-'' I slur. '' Please.''

'' Dispose of her gentlemen.'' Says Snow maliciously and giggles as they drag me from the room screaming.