Interviews ~ District Nine

Piper Papilon's P.O.V:

'' And now ladies and gentlemen, I give you our six wonderful tributes from District Nine! They are; Florence, Poppy, Chance, Casper, Jake and Wilbur! Come on up here guys and take a seat!'' I smile as the tributes climb the steps and take a seat beside me and the crowd roar wildly.

'' I will start with our youngest girl...Chance Lockarte!'' I smile.

'' Hello Piper.'' She replies politely.

'' What it's like being part of the Hunger Games?'' I ask.

'' Well I haven't really-'' She begins.

''' Sorry, let me rephrase that. What has been the best part of being picked for the Games?'' I say, smiling happily.

'' Well, the beds are nice, and the food. Ooh, and the clothes you people wear, very fancy.'' She smiles, obviously trying to lick up to the crowd, who couldn't care less and cheer happily.

'' You like the clothes eh?'' I grin.

'' Yeah. You're all so colourful in the Capitol! It makes the place look happier.'' She explains.

'' You like colours? Then you must have loved what District Nine's designers picked out for you.'' I say.

'' Yes, they were very nice and comfortable too!'' She laughs and the crowd appluad.

'' Let's go back to the day you were reaped. When Florence-'' I begin.

'' When Florence bit me.'' She finishes angrily. '' She's a freak!''

'' I'm a winner.'' Corrects Florence.

'' I think we'll move on to Florence now then. So, tell me Florence, why were you so happy when you were picked for the Games?''  I ask. '' I mean, no offence or anything but you're a twelve year old girl, people like you don't normally last very long.''

'' But you've never had anyone like me in the Games...trust me.'' She replies.

'' Ooh, mysterious.'' I joke and the crowd laugh. '' Explain to us why you bit Chance?''

'' I like hurting things...and people. It amuses me. That's why I can't wait to enter the arena.'' She explains with an unsettling grin on her face.

'' Speaking of the arena, I heard you're not teaming with anyone, you're going solo.''

'' Yes. I don't want to befriend people because then I can't kill them.'' She explains casually and smiles.

'' Intersting.'' I smile. '' So, are you going to make it through to The Ultimate Games?'' I ask.

'' Well I don't know that yet, but even if I don't, I plan on taking down as many others as possible, slowly and painfully.'' She grins and the crowd appluade half heatedly.

'' Next up, Jack Lambett!'' I yell.

'' Hello Piper.'' He replies.

'' So how have you settled on life here in the Capitol?'' I ask.

'' I wish I could just press pause on life, I am loving it! I love the food, the people but most of all, the architecture...it is truly remarkable.'' He smiles and the crowd cheer.

'' You're interested in buildings? But you're from Nine, you belong in a wheat field!'' I laugh jokingly and he smiles.

'' Don't get me wrong, I like working in the fields, it's always really sunny and we sing to pass the time.'' He explains.

'' Would you give us a demonstration here?'' I ask and the crowd cheers his name.

'' What now? Oh no, I couldn't?'' He laughs.

'' What if all the others joined in with you?'' I asked. '' Would you all be up for it?''

They nod and stand to face the crowd.

'' This is a song we learn in school at a very young age.'' Says Jack and they step forward.

'' As the sun rises, we head out,
To the wheat fields of Nine.
We grab our hoes and then shout,
Oh God, let this day be fine!''

They smile and bow as the crowd applauds and cheer wildly, then they sit back down.

'' Wow!'' That was great. It's kind of short though, how can you sing that all day?'' I ask.

'' Well we do this thing where half the people sing two line ahead of the other half, it sounds really good....believe me!'' He grins.

'' Oh, I do. Our next tribute is, Wilbur!''

'' Hi Piper.'' He smiles, cheerful after the song.

'' What was it like to be the first name to be called for not only your District, but also for the third part of this year's Quarter Quell?'' I ask.

'' Well, it was a kick to the gut to be honest. I felt like I couldn't breath I was so scared...'' He begins.

'' But you've settled now?'' I interrupt.

'' Well, not really, no.'' He admits.

'' Ah well, is it really that bad? I mean, there is great food, beds and so on as the others have mentioned.'' I say.

'' I know, but I just miss my family. I want to go home.'' He says and begins to cry which gets the crowd 'awing' sympathetically.

'' Oh, don't cry.'' I smile, giving him a hug and handing him a tissue. '' Will I move on?''

He nods through tears and I turn to the next tribute.

'' Poppy Mitchell!'' I smile.

'' Yes.'' She repleis. '' How are you?''

'' I'm fine, how are you?'' I smile happily.

'' Good good.'' She grins.

'' So, tell me about life back home in Nine.'' I smile.

'' Well we do quite a lot of work in the fields, but they are usually fun days.'' She explains.

'' Oh, I see. Are you looking forward to training?'' I ask.

'' Yeah. I wanna learn how to survive properly. We don't have much time though.''

'' Yeah. It's kind of like cramming for tests I suppose, isn't it?'' I laugh and she grins back.

'' I always did well in tests when I crammed even though people says it doesn't work.'' She explains.

'' Well this is the ultimate test isn't it?'' I ask and she nods.

'' Finally, our last tribute is Casper Green!'' I cheer and the crowd chants his name.

'' Hi Pip.'' He grins. '' Am I allowed to call you that?''

'' Of course you can!'' I smile, blushing.

'' Thanks!'' He grins.

'' So, you looking forward to the Games? You're teaming up with quite a few others aren't you?'' I ask.

'' Yeah. They're all pretty good and we are all hoping to make it into the Ultimate Games.'' He says confidently then turns to the crowd. '' Make sure to sponsor me or someone in my alliance, it could mean we survive!''

'' Wow, relax their soldier!'' I smile. '' So, any girls catch your eye?''

'' Well there are a lot of pretty girls here.'' He smiles.

'' Name one. Just one.'' I smile.

He hesitates for a second then smiles to the crowd. '' Amy.''

'' Ooh, the District Twelve girl that is terminally ill! Weird choice.'' I smile.

'' Why? Because she's sick? We are hoping she can be cured.'' He replies.

'' I hope so too, but then she'll be robbing you from me!'' I joke and he laughs.

The timer rings and the crowd cheer as the six tributes exit the stage.