The Ultimate Games: Day Two

Pod Pratchett's P.O.V:

I slowly open my eyes, they take a few seconds to adjust to the bright morning light and I take a moment to rub the sleep from my eyes. Perrie is still softly snoring beside me, she looks so cute when she sleeps, so innocent. I softly brush her hair from her face and gently kiss her forehead. Even though she is asleep, her lips form a smile and I blush slightly.

I stare at the forest's fern littered floor a couple of meters below us, there is no sign of any other people or creatures, just a pair of white butterflies fluttering silently past. This spot is great, the thick branches mean easy cover from anything below, and the moss covering the trunk makes for good insulation. Between myself and Perrie, we didn't manage to obtain anything from the cornucopia, simply because we didn't risk venturing to it, we turned and ran, luckily we were right beside each other at the bloodbath.

We did manage to scavange some food and poorly craft a few weapons, (Some nuts and berries that don't really satify your hunger and a few jagged rocks that wouldn't do much damage to anything but it's better than nothing). 

'' Pod, look!'' Says Perrie suddenly and I partially jump out of my skin, not realising she was awake.

'' What?'' I reply after a few seconds and I follow her pointed finger to two silver parachutes falling slowly from the sky above us.

'' Sponsor gifts.'' She smiles and I join her.

The gifts get tangled in the leaves and branches of the tree higher up so I climb higher to retrieve them. I am happy to find that they are heavy, despite it being more difficult to maneuver back down the tree to Perrie, it means they're are a lot in our packages. I receive a few unwanted scrapes and cuts on my face, arm and legs from the tree branches but I ignore the minor irritant and sit down beside Perrie with the packages.

'' What do you think is in it?'' She questions.

'' Only one way to find out.'' I smile, toss her the package addressed to her, and begin to pry mine open.

I rip mine open, already I have a slight hunch what is in it by the weight. I massively goofey grin spreads across my face as I open it to find a prosthetic arm, like the one I had last time. There is also a small hand dagger attachment for the arm. I strap it on immediately and I actually want someone to find and attack us just so I can test it out, as weird as it sounds.

Perrie's package contains a pack full of useful supplies, a silver coloured bow and a quiver of different arrows. The pack contains a sleeping bag, two bottles of water, a loaf of bread and some ready cooked chicken. We devour the bread, making a sandwich each with chicken. 

There are two small notes attached to our packages, mine reads:

Pod,
Your father would be so proud of you, you really are becoming a man and I truly believe you can win this.
Good luck 
love mum xx

I fight back tears, and notice Perrie is in the same state as me. I don't ask her about her note. We both just sit quietly for a couple of minutes and re-read our notes over and over. After a few minutes, Perrie speaks.

'' I think we should go hunting for food, this won't last us very long.'' She suggests.

'' Good idea.'' I smile in agreement. '' Are we going to come back to this spot?'' 

'' I think so, it's ideal for shelter so I think we should.'' She answers. '' We shouldn't take everything with us, just weapons, that way we will be quicker and stealthier.'' 

'' Okey doke. Let's go.'' I smile and we both descend the tree.

We walk for about ten minutes and come across nothing, the forest is surprisingly silent, it's a little bit worrying. A small rabbit skitters across the path in front of us and before I even get a chance to point it out to Perrie, the rabbit is on it's side with an arrow through it's head. I quickly stow away the rabbit into my pack after Perrie removes the arrow and we continue through the woods. We continue like this for half an hour, managing to catch another rabbit, three squirrels and a fox.