Chapter 22

The war at the marines base ended in disaster, with Ace and Luffy were in a critical state. They both lay in a bed in Law's submarine getting treatment for there condition. Mizuki laid in her bed with zero chance of her waking up as her line goes from constant beating to flat

*timeskip* Author pov

Luffy dropped to his knees, his eyes fixated on the sky above. Next to him was a fallen tree that was sadly caught up in his earlier desperate attempts to wake himself up from this horrible nightmare called reality. He probably reopened a few minor wounds on his arms and face, but he didn't care. Hell, all he felt was numb. It wasn't right, this wasn't happening. 'Mizuki...'

"Don't cry Luffy it will turn out right in the end!" He could hear Mizuki's words echo in his mind. He bit his lip.

*Ace*

'...Mizuki.' Tears pool in his eyes again just thinking about the teen. He brought his hands down on the ground hard in anger and frustration. 'Damn! Why can't I be stronger! I'm weak!' He started crying again, he couldn't stop the tears from flowing. 'Sabo... Mizuki I'm sorry.' He grabbed his head with a hand. His head, it throbbed with the pain of memories. 'It's all my fault. I have lost everything!

"MIZUKI!"

"Luffy destroyed everything," Law commented. "It's very hard for him at the moment, but his wounds will heal quickly."

"I see. But what will happen after he wakes up?" The fishman asked, curious. Law simply shrugged. They watched Luffy and Ace from a far.

"We'll see about that. His mental wounds are the worst. He must manage them alone." Jimbei remembered Ace's words ring in his mind and he looked to the pirate.

"What about Ace?" Jimbe asked, Law sighed.

"He seems to be tearing himself on the inside and is having mental problems over Mizuki"

"But she is still alive?" Jimbe looked at Law in confusion.

"Barely, if we give them false hope they can end up killing themselves..."

"Right, but is there any chance for her?" Jimbe asked.

"She is faced with a rare condition where her organs, they have been swapped around and are placed on the opposite side to were they should be, so The punch only hit her lungs but she is drowning in her own blood. The girl is and idiot" Jimbe looked shocked, 'why did she never tell anyone.'

"Law-San, I promised Ace-Kun... that I would protect Luffy with my life."

They heard a scream come from the submarine, "SHE'S GONE!" Law's eyes widened at the sight, "No, that's impossible..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

There in front of him he saw her running into the forest.... Mizuki... She....is.....alive!

Mizuki pov

I couldn't breathe it hurt.... Was I finally dead? In hell? I opened my eyes at the sound or my name.

"MIZUKI!" Ace! I tried to move but I was in so much pain I clutched my wounded chest, I growled flinging the medical equipment away from me taking wobbly steps of the bed. I crash to the ground and crawled to the door. Taking a deep breath I tried to stand wincing in pain and slumping against the wall.

I regained my balance pushing of the wall, I ran as fast as I could ignoring the steering pains in my legs and chest. I coughed an wheezed out Ace's name.

I ran out the submarine, "SHES GONE," I didn't turn around running past Law and tripping into the depths of the jungle.

I found Luffy had fallen asleep and Ace with his back turned to him slamming the ground and screaming out to the sky.

. "Ace..." I whispered to him, walking closer.

"I CAN STILL HEAR HER VOICE CRYING OUT TO ME!" I gasped as he slammed his head into the ground crying. "Curse you...curse you..It was only a dream, right?" He slowly opened his eyes and spotted a pair of familiar boots not far from his face. I stop walking over to him as he stared at me slowly reaching out for me. "I'm...not...crying." I wheeze out as I bend over trying to breathe.

"I-impossible.." He stroked my cheek as tears escaped his eyes, "your alive.." I give small smile before falling forward into his embrace. He clutched me to his chest.

"Mizuki.." I look to see Luffy in front of us crying and jump into the hug squashing me in the middle.

"Luffy, you never change. You always cry like a baby.". Ace gave a soft grin trying to lighten the mood.

"Luffy?" Luffy froze and turned and faced me burying his head in my chest. He wrapped his arms around both me and Ace

"Sorry... for worrying you." More tears. More and more. This reunion this happy reunion in the middle of the destroyed field where the heart of the loved one screamed.

"No... This can't be possible." I give a small smile down at Luffy paying his hair. "Is it a dream again?" I looked at him with a sad smile. He was having dreams of me...

"Is this real?" Ace looked down at the two he held close and whipped his nose.

Luffy didn't want it to be another dream, he didn't want to think his sister was alive unless he was sure. "Are- Are you real...?" Ace's expression turned to one of a soft concern and guilty look. It was his fault his brother thought Mizuki was dead only if he could of protected her better.

"Luffy... Don't worry. I'm alive, Luffy, Ace." I held Luffy close as Ace wrapped his arms around us. He bit his lip and felt pain. He was awake this time, right? '

"I can't believe it. You aren't dead!" He cried happily into my shoulder and Ace dug his face into Luffy's shoulder crying over me.

"Luffy she's alive with us right?" Then Ace's voice seemed to crack a little as he buried his face in my hair smelling it trying to remember the smell. "Thank you, Luffy," he whispered quietly, "you saved us both of us."

"I'm very proud of you." I whisper! "I get to see you become pirate...king...My little idiotic brother as pirate king, it has a nice ring to it." Luffy teared up, as I pulled him close and turned to Ace and pecked his cheek.

"Thank you.." I smile and look to the sky as tears slipped down my cheeks.